Chapter 6- Battle Of The Boys

Just try your best
Try everything you can
And don't you worry what they tell themselves
When you're away
It just takes some time
- The Middle • Jimmy Eat World

James Pevensie had missed the forests of Narnia whilst they were stuck in England for a year. Yes, there were forests around in England, but these ones were the best. These one had magic, and these ones allowed him to transform into a form like no other. A form which allowed his inner being to subject itself to the entirety of the world. Finally, he was himself.

     Whilst they walked through the greenery Narnia offered, Trumpkin briefed them all on the details they had missed. The most prominent of all was the horn. A Telmarine Prince, Caspian X, had found it and called for their help, which was when Trumpkin himself had kidnapped.

    This Prince was the source of their arrival in Narnia. Already, James felt as if he owed the boy. However, it didn't seem that everyone else felt the same. Peter, particularly, took it the hardest.

    It seemed that this was why he decided to be so assertive. If he thought about it, he would've done things much differently, but his jealousy over a Prince overruled that: even if Peter was a King.

     "I don't remember this way." Susan announced as they walked over a settlement of stones and rocks.

  "That's the problem with girls." Peter shrugged. "You can't carry a map in your heads."

  Rolling his eyes, sort of annoyed, James pushed back some of his blonde hair. "Don't be rude, Peter."

  "At least our heads have something in them." Lucy chuckled, and James looked back to see his youngest brother with a smirk on his face.

  "I wish he'd just listen to the DLF in the first place." Susan whispered, not as quietly as she would have liked, to the youngest Pevensie.

  "DLF?" Edmund wondered from behind the rest of the group, accompanied by Harvey, who wasn't as built for the outdoors as the rest of them.

  "Dear little friend." Smiled Lucy, and a snort escaped from Alfie. Swiftly he apologised, but they knew that he didn't really mean it. The permanent smile was enough to prove it.

  "Oh, that's not at all patronising, is it?" Trumpkin groaned.

  "I'm sure they don't mean it the way it sounds." Harvey attempted to consolidate, but almost fell in the process. Edmund held him up.

  "Or they do." Said the younger Gallagher brother. "And then it's for fun."

   It only took another minute or so, when they entered a sort of stump tunnel system that Peter whispered, exasperated. "I'm not lost."

  "No." The dwarf remarked from behind. "You're just going the wrong way."

  "You last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Woods, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river Rush!"

  "But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts." Trumpkin stated through gritted teeth.

  "That explains it, then." Huffed the second blonde. "You're mistaken.