Chapter 22- A Pain In The Shoulder

Half an hour ago
They were feeling fine
There's no tears now
In her eyes
- 30 Minute Break • The Luka State

Decisions were vital in the art of war, and James hated to be the one to make them. However, it had to be done. The eldest Pevensie had never been one to shy away from a challenge, but these always came as the greatest.

    The Telmarine's rode back towards their army of thousands, a fearsome fire in their eyes. Within seconds, catapults began to churn, large stones aimed towards the Narnians.

    Lives were going to be lost. James never wanted this to happen, and he knew it wasn't going to be prevented now, either. His task was to make sure that the lives lost were that of the Telmarine's. So many Narnian's had been sacrificed.

    No more.

    Many were knocked back by the blow of the large stone cannons, and James flinched with every shudder of the ground. He stood by his family as Susan commanded the archers, but sickness overtook his stomach. Everything was wrong with the situation. Then again, when has anything been right?

     Harvey was stood behind James, and it seemed that it took some time before the King remembered. Granted, there were other matters on his mind, and Harvey was fully grown. He could take care of himself.

  "How are you feeling?" Asked the elder blonde, stepping back ever so slightly. However, his eyes didn't move from the moving cavalry and soldiers.

  Harvey shrugged. "Nervous."

  "You don't have to fight." Whispered James, confidently. "Not if you don't want to. I can find somewhere for you to camp out, I really don't mind."

  "I have to stay, really." Harvey looked towards the archers ledge with sad eyes. There, Alfie would have been stood beside Susan, arrows ready to fire as soon as the order was given. "I can't let him be alone."

  James' face softened, momentarily, before hardening for battle. "You're a good brother, you know. You may doubt yourself, but trust me, you are a good brother."

  Harvey's hand patted the King's shoulder. "Thank you."

     It took only a moment to happen, but James knew when. He turned to face Caspian, who had only just finished mounting his horse, but the black haired Telmarine knew what to do. He rode into the tomb by the side of Glenstorm.

     It was beginning.

     A few seconds later, a fanfare began to sound. That was their cue. Peter took that as his own chance to begin counting down. Maybe he thought it would help.

  "One... two... three...."

  "Can you be quiet?" James hissed, causing a light chuckle from both Harvey and Edmund. "It's distracting."

  They shared a look, on full of a sort of hatred. James found it amusing, mainly because he was right. "Eight... nine..."

  "Oh Jesus." The blonde rolled his eyes.

  Peter held up his sword, and he screamed loud enough for everyone to hear. "Get ready!"

     Before his eyes, the ground opened up. Grass tumbled in chucks into a section of nothingness. Many Telamarine's fell, and it was relieving to see them halt. It was relieving until the arrows began to fly,