Chapter 4- Name

Arm yourself because no one else here will save you
The odds will betray you
And I will replace you
You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you, are you willing to die?
The coldest blood runs through my veins
You know my name
- You Know My Name • Chris Cornell

Susan Pevensie had always been a precise person. She was as precise as James was good at games, as controlling as Peter was in battle tactics. The eldest Pevensie sister was one of the strongest women James had the pleasure of meeting, and that was due to her being precise.

That was what made her so good at archery. She only needed a moment to focus, to put her head in the right space and hit bullseye.

James was jealous of this, of course, but was glad when she was in her own. It was just as the eldest had heard something happen, that the others peaked over the small dune. There was a boat, with two soldiers rowing to the middle of the lake. It looked casual, until they had a dwarf in hand.

An arrow landed in the boat, one from Susan's quiver. It was a warning.

"Drop him!" She shouted, commanding the soldiers as they threw the dwarf overboard. She shot another arrow. This time, it landed in one of their chests, falling over the back of the boat, and the other following suite.

"Drop him?" James questioned, already back in his human form, and smirking at his sisters choice of words. Susan only glared as their brother ran forwards to help the dwarf.

As the remaining five jogged forwards to meet the younger Pevensie brothers, Harvey asked, concerned. "Are you not going to help them?"

"No." James shrugged. "They've got this."

When Peter and the dwarf emerged from the water, and Edmund had docked the boat, Lucy was first to the man. Using her dagger, she cut the ties on his hands and feet, making it so he was mobile once more. When he removed the gag from his face, he spluttered. Water left his body as he breathed normally.

"Drop him!" The dwarf angrily exclaimed, brow furrowed.

Chuckling, James replied. "See, that's what I said."

"It was the best you could come up with?"

Susan scoffed, clearly annoyed at the way the dwarf was replying to her. She had helped save his life, and apparently, people had lost manners in the years that the Pevensie's had been gone. "A simple thank you would suffice."

"They we're doing fine drowning me without your help."

Peter snarled. "Maybe we should have let them."

"That's unkind." James shook his blonde locks in disagreement. "Don't say that."

"Why were they trying to kill your anyway?" Lucy questioned, concerned for the dwarves, and, in fact, the Narnian's.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do."

"Telmarines?" Asked Edmund, one eyebrow cocked. "In Narnia?"

James almost shivered at the words. They'd been invaded. That must have been in. Whilst the Pevensie's ruled, they'd never been interested. "Everything's so wrong here."