Chapter 5- Attack

Well, I've never seen us act like this
Our only hope is in minds of kids
And they'll show us a thing or two
Our only weapons are the guns of youth
It's only time before they tighten the noose
And then the hunt will be on for you
- Red Flag, Billy Talent

James Pevensie was well known for fearing a lot of things. When he fought in Narnia, many of them disappeared, but some remained. He was still terrified of crowded spaces, of close confrontation- but the most prominent at this moment in time, was boats.

     This was only a problem due to the fact that the Pevensie's, Gallagher's and Trumpkin were stuffed into a small rowing boat that tilted with every movement. James was afraid, and everyone could see it.

    Even if the dwarf seemed to be capable of directing, and the boy trusted his eldest brother, James shook as he sat on the bottom of the boat. Every breath was heavy, and all eyes were upon him, he could feel it. Maybe James wasn't as strong as everyone remembered. Maybe his scars have a false sense of fierceness.

     "They're so still." Lucy said as they drifted down the river of shimmering blue. Green leaves swayed in a breeze that didn't seem to hit the young royals, but they enjoyed anyway.

  The youngest queen was sent a quick side glance by the ginger dwarf. "They're trees." He stated, as if it were obvious. "What'd you expect?"

  Sadly, Lucy sighed. "They used to dance."

  "It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those who survived retreated to the woods; and the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard of since."

  Sombrely, rubbing his face with his hands, James whispered. "Some of my best nights were spent talking to the trees. I wonder if they remember."

  "I don't understand." Fretted the youngest Pevensie as she heard the news. "How could Aslan have let this happen?"

  Trumpkin's face froze whilst he directed Peter. James thought that if they weren't heading somewhere, he would've stopped everything completely. "Aslan? Thought he abandoned us when you lot did."

  "We didn't mean to leave, you know." Peter skulked.

  "Makes no difference now, does it?"

  The second blonde just grumbled. "Get us to the Narnian's... and it will."

  After a long silence, which held some sort of tension, one of the Gallagher brothers spoke up. They could all guess, if it had to be one of them, that it was Alfie. "Who is Aslan?"

  In the simplest terms, James replied. "He's a lion."

  The younger Gallagher awed because of the idea of a leading lion. "Did he give you those scars?"

  "Aslan?" Wondered Edmund, disbelieving. "No way. He couldn't do that to anyone."

  Harvey was the one next to speak. "Then what happened?"

  "I fought in battles that I didn't belong in to strive for peace with other lands." Admitted the eldest, gulping slightly at all of the memories flooding his brain. "I regret everything that I did in those years."