𝐸𝐿𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

Peters pov

"Peter!" Aunt May's voice interrupts my blind rage and I feel awful as soon as I realise what I've said. I see the hurt on Mjs face and it makes my stomach turn.

What was wrong with me?

I don't know why I'd just said those things to her, I hadn't meant a single word of it, I was just so angry, she always seemed to be good at annoying me. I apologise to her like aunt May tells me to but it doesn't seem as if she's paying much attention to me.

I want to know what's going on in her mind, what she's thinking? She's probably thinking about me and horrible things she wished she could do to me.

I can't bare the weight of aunt May's disappointment as he gapes at me or the way I could still see how my words had affected Mj. I rush upstairs hoping to escape the looks but I still see them in my mind.

I close my eyes and lean against the door wanting my brain to quieten down, after the spider bite everything had been amplified by like a hundreds and sometimes it all just felt too overwhelming but that didn't give me an excuse for taking it out on Mj.

I make my way back down the stairs once I hear the door shut, "did she leave?" I ask glancing at may and then away once I still see the disappointment that lingered. "I'm uh gonna go and make sure she gets home ok." I say quickly grabbing my bag and heading after her, just like I did last time.

I change into my suit knowing I'd be able to protect her better as Spider-Man and because I know she wouldn't wanna see me. Mj was a very petty person she'd probably hold this against me for months.

I look for her from above but it's futile it's like she's just disappeared, she's not taking her usual route home. I feel a bit panicked once I still can't see her, if something happened to her and those were my last words to her, I don't know what I'd do.

I finally find her, my heart pounding once I do, she's on the ground and there's two guys stood there. One of them is gripping her by her hair making her cry out in pain, the other tries to stop him only to join her on the ground.

As I'm trying to get to her as fast as physically possible I watch her raise her legs and kick the man harshly, I smirk proudly until she reaches for her bag which allows him to grab a hold of her. In my mind I'm screaming at her to leave the bag but she won't and she ends up back on the ground.

"Hey! Get away from her." I say finally able to drop in between them. I web the guy up with ease before quickly checking his arm, he was clean, and lucky that I was more focused on making sure Mj was ok, instead of giving him what he deserved.

I wasted no time in running over and helping her up. "Oh m-" I almost say her name, but I stop myself before I can and quickly save it. "Oh my god, are you ok?" I ask my hands going up to her face subconsciously as I check her over for any injuries, I could see a bruise forming on the side of her face making me want to turn back to the guy webbed up against the wall.

"I'm fine." She says softly pulling my hands down from her face making me back up immediately. She didn't know it was me, I didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable than she must've been.

"Oh god I'm sorry,"  I can't help but apologise feeling as though I were somehow to blame for this. If I hadn't treated her so horribly I would've tried to walk her home again and this wouldn't have happened.

"For what?"
"For not getting here faster."

She doesn't say anything, instead she's just watching me like I was a puzzle she we're trying to figure out.
I get worried after a moment, she couldn't tell that it was me could she?