𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

"They never made it to human trials." Harry says to Peter and I after we had met him in his office and he'd played us a video of our fathers with his.

"It's 14 years of research, and nothing to show for it." He speaks again, Peter and I quiet. "Except maybe this." He gets up and grabs a newspaper before throwing it down before us.

"Spider-Man."

"What about him?" I stay quiet as Peter asks Harry what he was talking about, I was still focused on my dads frozen face on screen. I didn't even know he'd ever worked here.

"He was bitten by one of those things, and it worked." I turn my attention to them now. "I don't know how and I don't know why...but he can do everything else a spider can. Including self-heal." I immediately understand the direction this was going to go in.

"I need to find him."

"I need his blood." I take a subtle glance at Peter after Harry's request to see what he was thinking.

"You need... Spider-Man's blood?" He asks Harry sitting down. "It'll save my life." Harry replies looking at me for help. "It may not, Har." I don't say anything yet, "It may not be that simple, you saw what happened to Curt Connors, right?"

"Connors was weak. This is me, Peter."

"I don't think you can just set up a van... and have him donate. I mean, I'm sure he's sensitive about people shoving needles and-"

"He's sensitive, okay. Well, then, maybe you could just sensitively tell me where he is, and I will go ask him myself." I look between them surprised that Harry had figured out there was a link between Peter and and Spider-Man.

"What?"
"You took his picture."
"So?"
"You know him."

"Harry. I took a picture from a long way away. I used a long lens. I don't know him." Peter insists glancing between Harry and I as he speaks. It's the first time he's looked at me since we both arrived.

"I put together what you said at the river." Harry tells him, "What l-"

"About how he gives people hope." There's a silence for a second before Harry continues speaking hoping to convince Peter to help him. "Come on. Just say yes." Cue another silence before Peter stands and makes his way to the door.

"Don't turn your back on me!" Harry tells stopping him. "I don't wanna end up like my father, Peter. Please. Peter, please."

"I'm gonna try...and find Spider-Man." Peter finally gives in and then leaves which makes Harry turn to me.

"You couldn't say anything?" He asks making me shrug, "Peter would never listen to me." I say making him scoff, "he'd listen to you in a heartbeat MJ, you know he would." I laugh but he's looking at me seriously. "What are you talking about? No he wouldn't, he hates me." Harry shakes his head, "Peter doesn't hate you, he could never hate you."

"Sure."

"Just please ask him." Harry practically begs and he must see the uncomfortable look on my face because he looks at me in disbelief. "You don't want to?"

"No! It's not that I just..." I can't seem to find the words that I need, "I don't want to die Myra!" He shouts at me making me flinch, "I don't want you to die either!" I yell back before taking a breath to calm the conversation down.

"I just think, and look I don't say this lightly, but I think Peter's right. I don't think you should do this and I don't think Spider-Man will give you his blood." I say as he continues to stare at me in disbelief. "Why wouldn't he give me his blood?"

"Why would he go around handing it out to strangers who could end up doing god knows what with it?" I fire back making him look like he's figured something out. "You know him." He says suddenly making me shake my head, "you sound ridiculous right now, how would I know Spider-Man?"

"You're becoming unnecessarily defensive Mj, you do know him."

"It's just common sense Harry, why would a masked vigilante give out his blood when, you could use it to identify him or figure out a way to take his powers away?" He doesn't look like he believes me fully.

"I don't know him Harry. I promise, but he did save my life, twice. I have no idea where he could be found though." I shrug making him sigh. "Of course I want to help you, I don't want you to die, not after we just got you back but Harry you don't know what his blood could do to you." I add not taking his silence well.

"But I'd be alive." He protests and I can't deny that it's a solid reason for wanting this, but after seeing everything I've seen, I just don't see this ending well for anyone. "Ok, I'll talk to Peter for you but I don't think that loser knows Spider-Man." I say making Harry beam and kiss me on the cheek.

"Thank you Mj."

***

I leave Harry immediately after that and as I'm leaving I see Peter and Gwen leaving a storage closet or something,  they haven't noticed me and are still looking at each other so I quickly hurry past.

My heart pangs as my stomach sinks. I was so stupid to think he'd ever want me, not when he was so in love with Gwen. I shake my head, it's not like I wanted him anyways, I don't get why I was getting upset, I don't want Peter. I didn't like Peter, not like that. I was just confused for a second just because of his mask.

I keep telling myself that as I keep walking but it doesn't make me feel much better for some reason. I'm wrong I don't care about Peter and Gwen, my minds just all over the place at the moment. It's probably just stress about Harry. Yeah that must be it. It was just a late reaction due to shock.