𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝑂𝑁𝐸

"Aunt Anna?" I call out as I enter her house. I sigh seeing that it was a mess and so I begin to clean up as I walk. Sorting the overgrown pile of mail by the door and throwing all the trash away.

"Aunt Anna?" I go up to see her sleeping in her room a bottle of wine by the foot of her bed. I sigh as I go to get her water and Advil. I leave it on her beside and pick the almost empt bottle up. I stare at it for a moment before lifting it to my lips, downing the liquid and then throwing the bottle in the trash.

I clean the house quietly before going to my room and sitting on my bed. Dropping my head in my hands I savour these few moments of peace that I had for once. I decided I didn't much like peace though, there were too many thoughts in my head for me to be able to relax.

Pacing around my room I happen to glance in The direction of Peters room. This seemed to be a bit of a habit, he's sat on his bed and he sees me, I almost want to drop dead but he smiles taking me by surprise. I smile back before sending a small wave which he returns.

The whole reason I'd picked this room when I was a kid was because I knew it could see into Peters. This was back when we were friends and made all these plans about how much fun we were gonna have together. He told me to pick this room too, he said we could make those phones with cups and strings and that we could talk all night and no one would ever know. We did that one night but we got caught for laughing too loud. Peters aunt and uncle and my mom and Anna thought it was the cutest thing though so we didn't get in much trouble.

I hear Anna waking up and stumbling around her room so I go to find her. She was a mess. She was knocking things over and tripping over her feet, it made me wince as I rushed forward to help her stand.

She begins slurring a whole lot of nonsense at me as I help her to the bathroom and begin to help clean her up. She sits on the bathroom floor as I go and change her bedsheets and clean up the mess she made. I return to her with a fresh glass of water and the pills.

She'd been morning drinking, that was never a good sign. I didn't like leaving her alone after finding her like this but since it was early in the day, I had to, I had things to do and this was only supposed to be a quick check up.

"Mj?" I felt awful knocking on the door next door but I couldn't just leave Anna alone, not when she acted like a danger to herself when she was drunk. "Peter hey, is May home?" He shakes his head and I can't help but sigh to myself but he picks up on it.

"Is everything ok?" I nod but once we hear a loud bang from next door he turns to me concerned. "Anna's drunk and I can't stay with her, I was just hoping someone could check on her every so often." He nods, "I'll check on her, don't worry."

"Thanks Peter. I'll just go and get her to sleep and once she's out she should be out for hours so hopefully you won't have to do much."

He insists on joining me just to help out incase I need it. We get back to the house to see Anna downstairs, she'd somehow pulled the entire fridge down onto the ground, the door open meaning most things had spilled out. "I was hungry." She says making me sigh.

"Come on Anna, let's get you cleaned up again, and then I'll get you something to eat." I say holding my hand out to her to help pull her up off the ground. I wordlessly get her cleaned up once more before managing to get her into bed. She's out in seconds and I just pray it lasts because I knew she needed to sleep this off and I didn't want Peter to have to deal with this whilst I was gone.

I glance at the bottle still beside her bed and sigh before grabbing it. I stare at it for a moment I'm not sure why and I'm not sure why I begin to bring it to my lips. I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself and down the remainder of the contents before tossing it in the trash and making my way back to the steps, feeling a bit lighter.

"She ok?" Peter has already lifted the fridge back to its original position and is cleaning some of the spoiled food from the ground. "She's fine. Asleep." He nods and so I join him on my knees as we silently clean.

I glance up at Peter to see he's already looking at me, he looks away quickly but I continue looking at him as I watch his neck begins to slowly turn pink.

I'm only startled once his eyes snap back to mine suddenly and I feel the heat rush up my face as I notice I had placed my hand over his and snatch it back quickly once my phone begins to beep. "Uh, I gotta go...work." He nods awkwardly as we both scramble off the ground, "uh well thanks."

"See you later." I basically run from the house and once I'm outside I sigh and drag my hand down my face as I wonder what the hell had just happened.