𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

Ok so quick Warning: there's going to be mentions of substance (mainly alcohol) abuse from this chapter on. I'm not 100% sure on everything yet but I don't want to trigger anyone and want to make sure that everyone is comfortable so I wouldn't recommend reading on if you're uncomfortable with such topics.

***

Flash was gone, Betty was going tomorrow and then I'd truly be alone, I hadn't seen Peter since that day he'd dropped me off at home. He loved to avoid me but I didn't care, it's not like we were best friends or anything.

"Mj!" Betty insisted that we go out tonight, to celebrate her last night here and I naturally agreed seeing as I didn't really have much going for me. I had to make sure I didn't go crazy on the alcohol tonight.

Since the party, resisting the urge to drink was becoming increasingly difficult, I don't know why but I craved the feeling of temporary numbness it brought. It was awful but so what if I had a few sips before night, just to help me sleep? I didn't think it was a crime, not if it was helping me.

"Ok so you remember the rules?" Betty asks before we leave, "no tears, this is a fun goodbye." She nods in agreement, "no tears." She repeats in confirmation, "we're still going to best friends regardless of where we are." She tells me surely, "of course we are."

Once we get to the club we do end up separating, after dancing until I physically felt like I would drop. I catch Betty across the floor dancing with a guy, I hold my thumb up at her in question to see if she was ok, when she replies with not one but two thumbs up and huge cheesy grin I nod with a grin before making my way to the bar.

Four shots later I almost stop until the bartender sets a glass in front of me, before I can speak he answers my inquisitive face by pointing to the guy who'd apparently bought this for me. I squint as something seems familiar by the boy sat in a corner booth.

One wave my way and I'm letting my curiosity get the better of me. "Harry?" No way Harry Osborn was sat in front of me right now. "Mj?" He quickly gets up and I stare at him in disbelief before I let out a small laugh and engulf him in a hug. "Oh my god I haven't seen you in forever! You're back?" He nods with his own laugh as he inspects me and sees how much I've changed.

"Yeah I'm back, how've you been?" He says unable to pull his eyes away from me, "as well as I could be I guess, have you seen Peter yet?"

"Uh no, not yet, the two of you still close?" I laugh at that question and shake my head rapidly making him look at me in intrigue. "You could say that we started drifting after..." I need to pause a moment to figure out how long ago Peter and I went from friends to whatever the hell we were.

"After you left actually."
"So I was the glue holding our group together?"
"If you say so."

"Maybe I can bring the two of you together again, and it'll be like old times." He suggests making me laugh again, "that's very doubtful Harry."

"Anyways who cares about Peter, tell me all about boarding school."

***

"Where the hell am I?" I conclude that I was swearing off alcohol after I wake up and have not a single clue where I am. I'm in a mansion and I only have one mega rich friend, one I'd reconnected with last night and so I'm assuming this is Harry's house.

"You're awake finally." I was correct, Harry joins me two drinks in hand, "is this a time to be drinking?" I question him as I wince and hold my head, "well you know what they say, the best way to cure a hangover is to keep drinking."

"That makes no sense." I say as I decline the drink in his hand, "have it your way." He shrugs before downing both drinks himself and hands me some Advil instead. "Why am I here?" I ask confused, where was Betty?

"I don't really know myself, we got pretty wasted after your friend had to leave." I nod thinking she was probably long gone by now.

"Yeah I should probably be getting home now." I say standing and grabbing my jacket. "Alright I'll get my driver to take you."

"That's fine, Harry I can walk." I try and wave it off but he insists and I'm tired so I don't bother fighting him. "See you later?" He asks as he walks me to the car, "of course."

***

"Did you get drunk last night?" I roll my eyes in annoyance once I see my sister blocking my way so that I couldn't pass the hallway and hide out in my room.

"I asked you a question." I'm confused by her harsh tone, "yes, I drank a little." I say as she eyes me up and down. "Go and take a shower." She orders, again I simply stare at her, not showing any intention to move and do as she's asked of me.

"Mj go and shower and then come and eat in the kitchen." She says simply making me nod before actually moving.

That was so odd, how did she go from cold to hot in a second. Why was she so agitated? She usually didn't care much about my personal life, not unless she needed me to babysit Tommy.

Once I join her in the kitchen she slides over a plate of pancakes and a cup of coffee. "Eat." I don't even look up as I begin picking at the food in front of me. I felt like child about to be scolded.

"Myra." She sighs once I meet her eyes, "were you safe?" Her tone is softer now making me relax, "in what way?" She looks like she's about to strangle me. "In any and every way you should've been. Why didn't you come home?"

"I stayed at a friends, I was being responsible." Slight lie but she wouldn't know, "being responsible would've been to tell me that you wouldn't be coming home, for all I knew you were lying in a ditch somewhere."

"Sorry if I worried you." She nods tightly before patting my arm awkwardly, "just don't do it again." I nod and she lets go of my arm and turns to the sink and begins doing the dishes wordlessly.

"How much did you drink?" I'm startled once she breaks the silence, "huh?"

"How much did you drink Myra?" Her tone is hostile all over again, these mood swings are giving me whiplash. "I don't know? A bit."

"How much is a bit?"
"I don't know Gale I didn't pull out a measuring jug."

"Don't act smart Mj it's not cute." The way she stresses my name begins to annoy me, "Why are you acting like this?" She drops the sponge at my question making water splash all over her.

"Why aren't you answering my question?" Her nose is starting to flare, that meant she was getting really worked up. " I answered your stupid question Gayle, I told you I only drank a bit."

"You're lying to me."

"Why ask me then?"

"I don't want you drinking, ever again." I jump off the barstool and begin to make my way out of the room not wanting this to escalate.

"Do not walk away from me Myra!"

"Moms not dead yet so quit trying to be her!" I yell back at her before slamming my bedroom door behind me.

Ok ik it's been a while and I'm sorry but like I said I'm gonna be writing ab serious issues and I want to do it right you know? Like I don't want to romanticise anything and I want to portray everything correctly.