𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐼𝑋

Mj

"Oh my god." I groan as sunlight floods my vision and my head pounds like my brain is too large for my skull. What the hell happened last night?

My back is aching as well as my neck and I realise it's due to the way I was sleeping. This was Peters room? I could tell that simply by the ceiling, there was a small bunch of holes from where Peter and I had thrown pens up trying to see who could get one to stick, it was stupid but we were eleven and tried to compete over just about anything.

I didn't get what I was doing here.

I'm even more confused once I glance to my side to see Peter had been sleeping beside me, well he was still sleeping, his head hanging off the bed meaning he'd wake up with a worse ache than mine. How he was sleeping I didn't understand, he was taller than I was meaning this had to be way more uncomfortable for him.

He looked really peaceful despite the uncomfortable sleeping position. I try and pull him up onto the bed properly before I sneak out but once I'm unable to shift his heavy body I decide to grab the pillow beside me and slam it into his face. "Wake up Peter!"

He wakes with a jump making me laugh until I feel that in my brain and I groan. "What?" He asks still not completely awake. "What the hell am I doing here?" I ask before glancing down and realising these weren't the clothes I was wearing last night. "And why am I in your clothes?"

"You got completely wasted last night at Betty's party." He explains tiredly sitting up, "I did?" I ask trying to recollect as much as I could from last night but not coming up with much.

"You did, you and flash had a bit of a... well it wasn't an argument but you kept shouting at him to leave you alone so he asked me to get you home safely." I groan in embarrassment and regret, "kill me now." I say dropping my head on his shoulder making him laugh. "Don't move." I complain at that fact everything was hurting my mind.

"Bad hangover?"
"What do you think."
"Alright wait here I'll be back."

He's gone before I can even open my mouth but I don't complain, instead I curl up on his bed whilst is wait for him to return.

"Peter!" He suddenly pulls the blanket from me making me gasp in shock as the sun attacks my eyes once more. "Keep your voice down, May is still home."

"The sun." I complain making him shut his curtains before handing me a bottle of water and two pills. "Here, for your headache." He jerks his hands back once mine accidentally brush against his. I don't care I'm suffering too much to think about that.

"I also washed your shirt." He says handing it to me, "I didn't throw up did I?" I was hoping I hadn't completely embarrassed myself last night. "No, you spilled your drink all over yourself." I glance at the shirt and then the comfy sweatshirt I was wearing. "Would you mind if I didn't change out of your clothes straight away?" I ask making him smile before he shakes it off, "no, no I don't mind."

"Peter?"

I yelp as Peter panics and pushes me down the side of his bed once we hear May outside the door. "Oh sorry!" He says wide eyed before telling me to stay down and going to open his door.

May just tells him that she's leaving and making sure he's ok since he went to bed earlier than usual last night. "Ok see you May, love you."

"Love you too, bye Peter and bye Mj." I pop up from where I'd been hiding and smile at her sheepishly, "bye May, have a good day." She doesn't say anything more as she gives me her signature warm smile and leaves.

"God I can feel my hip bruising already." I complain as I get off the floor, "sorry." He mumbles looking deep in thought, I don't really feel like getting into all of whatever that was and so I walk past him and go to the bathroom so I can freshen up.

"I'm gonna go get your car and then I'll drive you home." Peter says making me nod, "ok." He gives me a tight smile and leaves as soon as I hand the keys over.

***

"Are you ok?" The car ride so far had been silent and I'd taken to leaning my head on the cool window, I glance up at Peter who was watching me with clouded eyes and nod, "fine, just have a headache." I whisper softly, the air around us felt... off, I didn't know how to explain it but I couldn't stand looking at him for more than a moment before my stomach began to turn.

"Have you eaten anything?" I shake my head and he sighs before he begins changing directions. "What are you doing my house is-"

"I'm not taking you home without making sure you're fed." His eyes catch mine and I find myself unable to speak and so I settle with nodding before I manage to tear my eyes away and return to the window. Weird, this hangover was making feel so strange I couldn't wait to just go home and sleep it all off.

"Mj?" My eyes open surprisingly at Peter's soft tone, "I got you a bagel just how you like it and some coffee." He says waiting for me to sit up properly before he hands them over. "Thanks." I murmur before taking a bite of the food, god I hadn't realised how hungry I was.

"What?" Peter asks after he catches me staring at him, "nothing." I say looking back at the bagel in my hands, how did he remember how I liked my bagels and my coffee? I sneak another glance, smiling slightly before I tear my eyes away not wanting him to catch me again.

***

"Um thanks for taking care of me last night, and this morning. I'm uh sorry if I was difficult." I feel like he can tell I'm nervous but he simply shakes his head and hands me my keys back. "Don't mention it, and you're always difficult." His attempt at a joke albeit being terrible does make me crack a smile at him.

"Oh also I will wash your clothes and get them back to you don't worry." He looks me up and down in a subtle way and shakes his head, "uh no that's alright, you don't have to."

Well one awkward goodbye later I'm sat all alone in my house, I was glad Gayle wasn't here though, I didn't want her to see me in this state. I take a shower and make some more coffee before I hear a knock at the door.

"Mj." I feel shame travel up to my face once I see flash on the other side of the door and I vaguely remember parts of our conversation last night. "Flash." I move aside to allow him into the house.

"I'm gonna have to be quick because I don't know if you remember but I'm leaving today." I nod and wring my hands together, "I'm so sorry about last night Flash, I honest to god did not mean a single thing I said to you. I let myself lose control and that was very stupid of me and I would never do anything to hurt you."

He takes my nervous hands in his and shakes his head, "it's ok Mj, I know you didn't mean it and these things happen, I'm not upset with you."

"I'm gonna miss you." I say throwing my arms around him he returns my hug and I even hear him sniff but once he pulls away he manages a bright smile and so I force myself to do the same. "Okay we'll Lucas." I say making him laugh, "you know I've been thinking about that, and if I'm Lucas then your my Hayley." I smile at him, "who's my Nathan?" He doesn't answer my question as he glances down at the sweatshirt that I was wearing and simply smiles.

"Bye Myra."
"Bye Eugene."