𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

"Flash?" I'm surprised to see him pull the curtain from my hospital bed back, "hey, Mj, I'm here to pick you up." I nod and begin to slide off the bed and onto the ground only for him to stop me. "Woah are you sure that you're ok?" He asks glancing at the new addition to my face.

I had a cut on my cheekbone it'd been pretty deep meaning I needed stitches. I just hoped it wouldn't scar, scars were badass but I didn't want to ruin my chances of the acting career I wanted in the future.

"I'm fine, I mean it hurts a bit and I have a concussion but I'm free to go." I say making him nod as he leads me out of the hospital.

"So uh do you wanna go home or to Anna's?" I close my eyes as I rest against the cool window feeling some relief in my pounding head. "Home." I mumble maybe seeing my mom like this would be catastrophic and I may actually end up locked in my house for god knows how long but I was really starting to miss her.

"Is your head still hurting?" I don't feel like speaking cause I'm so tired, I can only manage mumbles and hums. "Alright one second." He says leaving the car and leaving me confused.

He's back moments later an ice pack in his hands, he holds it against my head for me for a few minutes, "better?" I nod and open my eyes to see him watching me with worried eyes. "Alright just hold it up and I'll get you home in no time so you can rest this off."

"Thanks Eugene." He shakes his head as he starts the car, "no worries Myra, just relax."

I end up falling asleep because next thing I know flash is waking me, "come on Mj, we're home." I  don't make any movements and so he crouches down in front of me as he asks if I'm ok.

"Should I take you back to the hospital?" I shake my head wincing at the pain it causes internally. "Carry me." I mumble holding my arms out making him laugh slightly. "The doctor said he gave you some pills that could make you delirious." He mumbles before giving in and hoisting me up into his arms.

"I'm not delirious." I complain my arms going around his neck as I nestle my head into his shoulder and he chuckles. "If you say so." He shrugs as I begin to close my eyes, "ok Lucas."

"You're back with the Lucas?" He asks shaking his head with a smile as I giggle. "You both play basketball, you're both blond with buzzcuts." I say rubbing my hand over his cropped hair and then continuing. "You kinda dress the same sometimes too, and you're both hot."

"I'm hotter." I shake my head, "sorry flashy but Chad Michael Murray has you beat there." I reply making him scoff, "I don't see him here helping you." He grumbles under his breath making me chuckle, "you're way more important to me though." I mumble before closing my eyes once more, unable to hold them open any longer.

***

I wake up again only this time I'm curled on the couch a blanket draped over me, my head is hardly hurting now, the sharp pain having faded to a dull throb. I find myself smiling once I see flash still here, he's sat playing with Tommy and I grin at the sight, Tommy sure did love him.

"Oh hey, you're up!" I nod with sheepish grin after I vaguely remember the things I'd said to him before I fell asleep. "Your sister had to run out and you know how much the little guy loves me so I volunteered to stay and take care of the three of you." My heart warms as I smile at flash, I really did love having him in my life.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I ask joining the two of them on the floor smiling at my nephew once he hands me the toy he'd had in his hand. "A few hours, how're you feeling now?" I shrug, "I feel pretty fine actually, still a faint headache but it's not bad."

"Hey I'll be right back I'm just going to check on my mom." He nods before turning back to Tommy and keeping him entertained.

"Myra," she smiles once she spots me in her doorway. "Hey mom." I say as I sit on the side of her bed, she was sat up reading, she looked good. A lot better than she had last time I saw her. "I heard about what happened at the school, how are you?" She asks her hand running through my hair as I lean into her touch. "I'm fine, I needed to get stitches I just hope they don't leave an ugly scar on my face." She chuckles at my words as she inspects the wound.

"You're beautiful regardless of any scars or marks you get." She says making me nod with a small smile, "I feel like I've not seen you in forever." I hum hugging her, she scoots over so that I can lay comfortably beside her as she wraps an arm around me. "I know I missed you. What's it been like at Anna's?"

"Just how it always is," I shrug, "and how's Peter and may?" Mom loved Peter too, it was like he'd put this weird spell on her an Anna because they always went on about what a good nice boy he was.

"They're good, Peter is his usual annoying self." She nudges me lightly at that, "you remember what I told you? You be nice to that boy." I roll my eyes, "I'm always nice to him."

"Liar."

"Mom?" Her smile fades slightly as she hears my change in tone, "yes honey?" I'm nervous for a moment. "Have you seen the news?" She shakes her head, "about the lizard? Not really why." I sit up and face her feeling as though I should tell her. "It's Curt." I says pulling my knees up to rest under my chin. "What's Curt?"

"The lizard, he- he was doing his tests for his arm and he... he tested on himself and since he was using reptilian DNA, it turned him into a lizard and he's gone crazy." She sighs and wipes the tear under my eye, "it's ok Myra. He lost his way, it happens to people sometimes, everyone loses their way every once in a while. It's up to their loved ones to help them find their way back."

"How are we gonna do that?" She smiles softly at me, "you'll know when the time comes, even if it may seem hard or confusing, you don't give up on the people that you love." I nod and allow her to hold me for a minute, moms hugs always made me feel better.

"So that flash is a lovely boy." I appreciate the change in the subject and so I pull away from her hug to smile at her, "he really is."

"He's handsome too." She adds making me laugh but nod. "You dating him?" I laugh and shake my head, "uh no, but maybe." I admit making her brow raise, "I think this is the first boy I've seen you interested in." I shake my head not believing that, "well there's Peter actually." I make a face, "come on mom don't you start with that too."

"Say what you will but I know that you like him."
"As if."

She simply shakes her head muttering something about my stubbornness under her breath. Before we can continue our conversation the floor trembles. It happens again a moment later, it reminds me of the effect the dinosaur footsteps had in Jurassic park.

"What is that?" I mumble walking back to flash who was stood now an equally confused look on his face as he picked Tommy off the ground. It stops after a few seconds but it makes me feel very uneasy and then suddenly the door is thrown across the room, towards us.

Flash quickly pulls me to him as he turns and shields both Tommy and I with himself. "Oh my god!" It was the lizard he looks at us and growls but doesn't keep his attention on us as he begins stomping towards my moms room. "Take Tommy and go to my aunt Anna's." I instruct flash who looks hesitant, "I'm not just gonna leave you here." It was sweet but not my concern right now. "Flash go!" He hesitates a second more before sighing and listening to me.

"Do not get yourself hurt again!" He instructs before running with the baby whilst I run to my moms room to see her trying to plead with Curt to try and stop.

"Curt please!" I join, "Mj, civilisation needs this. It's better we can become-"

"Curt not everyone wants this, we don't want this you can't just choose for us." We try and reason but he won't listen, "this could help cure your mother don't you want that!"

"I don't." She answers herself, "I don't to be a lizard Curt." She says softly, "please Madeline, I'm doing this because I love you, I love you and Mj and I want what's best."

"If you loved me you would respect my decision Curt." He growls under his breath before suddenly grabbing her, "you'll thank me when you're cured!" He roars before smashing through her wall and into mine and then smashing the last wall to get outside all whilst I'm running after them screaming for him to stop.