𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

I get to Anna's to see flash still there, sat with Anna Gayle and Tommy. "Mj! What happened?" They all jump up and begin crowding around me asking me questions.

"He took her." I say weakly feeling helpless, there was nothing I could do but worry, I missed the pills the doctor had given me, they made worry like this fade away to nothing. Right now I wished I felt nothing. Pain was overrated and I didn't need it or want it.

The next few hours are honestly a bit of a blur, the only way I can ease my feelings is with some of the bottle of scotch that I knew Anna kept hidden in the bathroom. Flash had stayed with us a while but eventually he had to go, I understood, he's already done more than enough for me today.

***

I didn't know when May had got here, but it'd been a while apparently she was doing her best to comfort us, I was zoned out, Anna was trying to keep her face up and Gayle began sobbing suddenly even catching my attention.

"What's wrong?" There was something other this whole situation bothering her, I could tell. "I'm pregnant." She says before sobbing even more, "well isn't that a good thing?" I was confused, "Timmy left me." Son of a bitch. "What?"

"He said he already didn't want Tommy and that he couldn't handle another one, it wasn't what he'd signed up for." She sobs, if I ever saw that piece of crap excuse for a man again it sure would not end well for him. What does he mean not what he signed up for? He most definitely did when he married her.

I almost want to say I told you, I knew their relationship wouldn't last long but seeing all the pain my sister was going through, it didn't seem like the right moment to gloat.

"I don't know what to do about anything, with this and mom-" I sit beside her and wrap my arm around her, "hey, we'll figure this out, together. You're not alone ok?" She nods and leans into me as she cries some more, thankfully both may and Anna join in comforting her so I slip away back to the bathroom to get more alcohol.

***

I end up climbing up onto the roof with the bottle and laying up looking at the stars. "Mj." It's Peter I can tell even though my eyes are closed, I'm assuming he's dressed up as spidey though seeing as how he hadn't made any sound in joining me. Other than when I heard him land on the roof.

I take a quick glance and nod. "Spidey." I greet before sitting up and examining the state he was in. It was not a good one. "Are you drinking?" He's shocked but I don't care I shrug and go to take a swig from the bottle, he uses his webs to pull it away from me though. "Don't, it's not safe whilst you're sat up here." He says making me shrug again as I pull my legs up and to my chest.

"It's not safe fighting crazy people either is it?" He chuckles slightly, "I guess," he says moving slightly and wincing at the movement. "You defeat the lizard?" I ask and he nods, "did he die?" He shakes his head no and I nod, "good."

"He took my mom." I shrug after another second, "I think she's the lady that I saw then." I turn to him now, "is she ok?" He doesn't answer but that tells me all I need to know. "I took her to the hospital." I close my eyes as I rest my head on my knees, "thanks." I mumble.

"Mj, I think you should get back inside." He says making me look back at him, he was worried. "I like it here." I say simply now resting my chin on my knees so I could watch him. "What are you doing here?" I ask making him shrug, "I was swinging through and I saw you, thought it be better if I made sure you got in ok. You do seem to be making quite the habit of attracting danger to yourself."

"Are you ok?" I ask glancing back at him and his injuries. "I will be." I get the indication he doesn't want to speak much more and so I don't say anything else for a few minuets.