𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

Peter

"Hey May what're you still doing up?" I'm surprised to see her still sat up watching the tv. "What can I not watch the television in my own house?" She responds making me laugh as I flop down beside her.

"How was Gwen?" I'm confused for a minute, "huh?" She turns to me, "you said you were going to see Gwen?" Oh right, I did say that. "Uh yeah she's fine." I wasn't with Gwen. I was just doing a quick spidey patrol and stopping a bank robbery, not that May needed to know that.

"To be honest with you May, I'm thinking about maybe ending things with Gwen, permanently." It had been on my mind a lot the past week.

There was a brief moment when I was feeling hopeful about us but ultimately I just felt like things were nearing the end. She was hoping to move to England and I feel as though I should let her go, let her get away from all of this and fulfil the promise I had made to her father.

England wasn't the only thing that was steering me in this direction, it was Mj. I don't think it'd be fair for me to move to England with Gwen when I constantly had another girl on my mind. I'd tried and failed at convincing myself that I didn't have any feelings for Mj when I very clearly do.

After our kiss, I just couldn't lie to myself any longer, she was who I wanted. I think it's time that I tell her that I'm Spider-Man and see where we go from there. She may feel betrayed seeing as she's bonded with my masked alter ego, in a way that she probably wouldn't be able to with just me.

I know it's time for this because I find myself wanting to be around her so much more and I don't want to have to put on my mask every time I want to talk to her, I wanted to just be able to be with her as just me Peter Parker.

I would always love Gwen, our relationship has naturally run it's course and I know that we both felt it back at graduation, we just didn't want to let each other go.

"This doesn't have anything to do with Mj does it?" I'm startled for a second, worrying that May can't read my mind. "She came by the house earlier asking for you."

"She did?" I sit up straighter, "what did she say?" Why was Mj asking for me? We only just recently began to mend our fractured friendship so I can't think of any reason for her wanting to see me.

"Look Peter, I know that you're better than this but I just have to ask, you're not messing these girls around are you? You're not playing with both of their feelings because you can't pick between them?" I'm honestly surprised by her question, "what? No May I would never do that! Gwen and I, we never actually got back together and I was just thinking it'd be better if we didn't."

She looks at me for a moment and then nods, "I was just double checking Peter, I do need to make sure that I raised a polite and respectful young man." I grin over at her before I quickly peck her cheek. "You already know that you raised the most respectful young man on earth." She laughs at my reply before becoming serious again as whatever she was thinking about before re-emerges in her mind.

"I know it's just Mj was quite upset when she came by earlier." Mj was upset? "What did she say?" I ask again wanting to know what had upset her. "She didn't say anything, she only asked for you and when I told her you weren't here she left." That was odd, Mj loved May so she would've hung out here for a while before leaving.

"Where are you going now Peter?" May asks once I stand up abruptly, "to go and see Mj." I answer like it was obvious. "Ok but don't be out too late." I nod and ignore Mays knowing smile as I bid her goodbye and leave the house.