No Big Deal, You Just Tried To Kill Us!

I walked into the boys locker room after school knowing they were getting ready for practice and I didn't have the patience to wait to find out about Scott and Allison.

I ran into Stiles first fully dressed in his gear. "What are you doing in here?"

"I want to find out about Scott and Allison." I shrugged grinning at him as we walked towards Scott.

He was leaning with his back against his locker, only half-dressed in his lacrosse practice gear, staring at nothing with a dazed expression on his face.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" I asked as we reached him.

Scott nods weakly. "Yeah."

Stiles isn't satisfied by this short answer and looks at him with a slightly exasperated expression. "Is she giving you a second chance, or...?"

Scott nods again. "Yeah."

Stiles is excited on Scott's behalf at this news and tries to encourage Scott to feel the same. "Yeah? All right! So, everything's good?"

Scott shakes his head weakly. "No."

Stiles and I frown in confusion "No...?"

Scott starts to come out of his overwhelmed haze and tries to explain what he learned, still unable to make eye contact with either of us.

"Remember... the Hunters? Her dad is one of 'em."

Stiles gapes at Scott in shock "Her dad--?"

Scott ignores Stiles' words and continues to speak. "Shot me.."

Stiles cuts Scott off to ask for clarification. "Allison's father?"

Scott continues to ignore Stiles' interruptions and finishes his sentence "..with a crossbow."

Stiles, flabbergasted by this news, repeats himself dramatically now that Scott has finally stopped speaking. "Allison's father?"

Scott, now officially snapped out of his daze by this conversation, yelps at Stiles impatiently. "Yes! Her father!"

"Oh shit. That's insane."

Seeing that Stiles and I are just as shocked as he is, Scott begins to actively panic again.

"Oh, my God.."

Stiles wastes no time trying to get Scott to stop freaking out by comforting him. "No, Scott. Snap back!"

After a moment, Scott finally snaps out of it and looks Stiles in the eyes, though he's still frowning with concern.

"You okay?"

Scott nods, and Stiles sighs in relief.

"Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you, right?" I asked.

Scott thinks for a moment before slowly responding. "No... N-no, I don't think so."

Stiles nods patiently and continues where I left off. "Does she know about him?"

Scott's eyes widen and he begins to panic again. "Oh, yeah, I don't know! What if she does? This is gonna kill me, man."

"Scott! Scotty."

Stiles forces Scott to look at him and speaks to him in a reassuring voice as he cuts off his trail of thought. "Okay, just focus on lacrosse. Okay?"
Stiles picks up the rest of his lacrosse gear and thrusts it into Scott's hands

"Here, Scott. Take this. Take this, and focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you gotta do, yeah?"

Scott takes a deep breath and reluctantly nods in agreement. "Lacrosse."