Winning The Lacrosse Game And Bad News

"Okay, maybe I want to rip him apart."

"Figuratively?"

"Or literally." I shrugged.

"Valid." Stiles nodded giving my hand a tight squeeze.

The crowd in the bleachers starts to stand and cheer, while Stiles and I watch apprehensively, afraid that the unfair treatment towards Scott will cause him to inadvertently shift on the field. Coach, however, is thrilled by the fact that they scored the first goal of the game and screams from the sidelines.

"That's it, Jackson! Get fired up! Fired up!"

Scott tries to catch up with the others and, finding the effort futile, stops and sighs deeply. Jackson has just high-fived one of his fellow teammates when he catches Scott's eye from down field and smirks, leaving Scott looking crestfallen. On the bench, we see this exchange and Stiles sighs deeply and dramatically before muttering under his breath. "No..."

Lydia is excitedly cheering in the bleachers, and Allison is smiling and trying to keep up with the game as well. Lydia turns to Allison and grabs her by the wrist as she tries to hype up her friend. She picks up a sign she made and has Allison help her hold it up. The sign reads, "WE LUV U JACKSON" in black and red letters.

"WOOOOOO!" Allsion and Lydia cheer simultaneously.

Scott sees Allison cheering Jackson on from the field and immediately gets jealous, which doesn't escape our notice.

"Brutal..." Stiles and I grimace at the same time.

"Oh, this is not gonna be good..." Stiles grumbles Seeing Scott grit his teeth.

In the middle of the field, Jackson, Danny (#6), and several other players are huddled together to whisper to each other.

"Can you hear them?" Stiles asked me. "What are they saying?

"Hang on, give me a second." I told him.

"Only to me." Jackson said

Danny scoffs, not understanding the point of this petty behavior. "But what if he's open?"

Jackson gives Danny a hard look. " Who's the captain? You, or me?"

Danny, wanting Jackson to see sense, pleads with his best friend. "Jackson, come on, dude. I just wanna win."

"We will win." Jackson tells him a bit forecfully,

Danny continues to argue, but Jackson cuts him off. "But--"

"What did I say?" Jackson gets into Danny's face to emphasize his point. "Huh? What. Did. I. Say?"

Danny, realizing Jackson is not going to budge and that they're wasting time, finally concedes to Jackson's demands and sighs. "Don't pass to McCall."

"Danny was trying to talk Jackson out of being a petty asswipe. But Danny knew he wasn't going to fold."

"Damn it."

"I still don't understand why Danny's friends with him. Danny is such a nice dude and Jackson's well, the biggest pile of trash known to man." I said to Stiles.

Jackson thumps Danny hard in the chest with his gloved hand before they scatter to their various positions on the field. On the sidelines, we continue to watch Scott with intensity while Stiles anxiously twist his fingers.

"Ohhhhh..." Stiles wrings his hands even more before anxiously rubbing his neck, becoming more unsure of our plan to allow Scott to play by the moment and wondering if maybe Derek might have been right to keep Scott off the field.