Wolf's Bane

"Faster?" Scott asked us.

"Much faster." Stiles informed him making him shift gears and step on the gas.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase, here." I snapped at him.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us!" Scott said anxiously.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles exasperatedly pointed over his shoulder.

"They're gone." I told the boys watching out the back mirror as the SUV pulled off into a different direction.

Stiles turned the radio on just as his dad's voice came over the radio. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works."

"Damn it. I told him to lay low." I grumbled leaning back against the back seat before I sat up quickly. "Scott switch me now!"

"What? No!"

"Scott! We have three options here. One, you keep driving the way you are and Derek's dead by the time we get there. Option two, you fucking floor it, which is highly unlikely which leaves me with option three, I drive. We need to get to the iron works, and we need to be there now. I can get us there faster and we all know it." I argued.

"Scott buddy she's right." Stiles told him climbing into the backseat.

"Alright fine." He stopped the car and got out allowing me to get into the driver's seat as he took mine.

I stepped on the gas pedal the second Scott had shut the door. Buckling myself in as I drove.

"She's going to get us killed." Scott yelped as I took a sharp turn and Stiles slid into him.

"Then put your damn seatbelts on and shut up!" I snapped at him.

"Get in." Stiles said from the back seat leaning up opening the door.

Derek hesitated for a moment before he looked at me driving and ran to the car as Argent shot at him.

"What part of "laying low" don't you understand?" I asked him exasperatedly as soon as we were away from the iron works.

Derek hit the roof before irritably replying. "Damn it, I had him!"

"Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asked popping his head in between the front seats.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek snapped impatiently.

"Whoa! Hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles defended them making Derek turn to him with a glare causing Stiles to shrink back against my seat.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek replied sarcastically.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott said defensively from the back seat.

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles asked with a sigh.

Derek looked at the two of them in the back seat and shook his head turning back to face the front.

Scott scoffed at his actions obviously feeling offended. "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah, all three of us!" Stiles said making Derek look at him again, so Stiles back tracked. "Or just Scott. I'll be back here."

"Her, I trust the two of you not so much. Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek finally admitted.