What A Mess

"Just a friendly reminder-- parent-teacher conferences are tonight! Students below a C-average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment." Harris paused for a moment looking around before asking. "Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

He looked over at us and I just shrugged and shook my head.

"We definitely should have skipped today," Stiles groaned.

I grinned leaning into his shoulder slightly, as he took out on of his highlighters and started highlighting. Jackson walked in a few moments late, catching everyone's attention.

"Hey, Jackson-- if you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know." Harris said quietly making Stiles throw up his hands.  "Everyone, start reading chapter nine."

After awhile of looking over the chapter I hear Harris again. "Mr. Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book." Stiles blew the lid into the air and caught it with his hand.

After Harris went to his desk Stiles whispered to Danny. "Hey, Danny-- can I ask you a question?"

"No." He replied making me grin to myself.

"Well, I'm going to anyway. Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" He asked.

"No." Danny told him.

"Can I ask you another question?" Stiles asked making me shake my head.

"Answer's still no." Danny sighs.

"Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?" We had put together as many theories as we could last night when he came over, but we came up empty.

Danny hesitated before he answered. "He wouldn't tell me."

"But he's your best friend." Stiles said surprised, making Danny shrug before Stiles thoughtfully said. "One more question." He leaned forward in his seat.

"What?" Danny questioned impatiently.

"Do you find me attractive?" It took every inch of my will power not to laugh as Stiles hovered near Danny.

He finally fell and it made a clattering noise, and I let out a muffled laugh, as Stiles cleared his throat and stood up.

The last bell finally rang as Stiles, and I left our class. One of his hands holding the phone to his ear as he tried to get ahold of Scott his other hand holding onto mine firmly.

"What?" Scott said answering the phone.

"Finally! Have you been getting any of our texts?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah, like, all nine million of them."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his phone away and spoke into it. "Do you have any idea what's going on? Lydia is totally MIA, Jackson looks like he's got a time bomb inserted in his face, another random guy's dead," Stiles took it back from me and finished for us. "And you have to do something about it!"

"Like what?" He asked confused.

"Something!!!" Stiles replied.

"Okay, I'll deal with it later." He said before hanging up.

"Well, there goes that." Stiles shrugged as we made it outside.

"We could go to Lydia's." I offered with a shrug. "See if she can tell us what happened."

He stopped and kissed me. "You're a genius. Better to get the information straight from one of the sources and we known Jackson won't tell us anything. And Lydia is like your best friend."