I Never Want To Die Again

"Okay so why are we out hiking through the woods if the crazy lady who wants to kill us is out and about?"

"Because she won't attack during the day." Derek told me.

"Right. But wouldn't it have been smarter if my dad hadn't come along. You know because she wants to kill both of us."

"I've told you Nyx. While it may feel like you're going to die your Phoenix side will kick it to save you. Since you aren't 18 and the best way to protect Beacon Hills is to have you at your full potential you made this decision to trigger it early." My dad gave me a pointed look.

"Yeah, well it doesn't reassure me at any point that when she kills me, I won't actually just die."

"Just trust your dad, Nyx." Derek rolled his eyes at me. "Now tonight, I'll lead them here. And this is where you'll be waiting. Where you'll be practicing, regardless of her orders, Kate won't be able to resist killing you with you being right here unprotected and out in the open alone."

"That's reassuring." I told them sarcastically.

"Nyx please. You're going to be fine." My dad told me.

"Just make sure Stiles doesn't somehow find out and show up alright?" I told them.

"We can do that." My dad nodded.

"And you won't be out here either correct? Because otherwise she could fuck everything up," I looked at my dad.

"No I won't be out here," he rolled his eyes.

"Good then we just might be able to do this."

"Prefect. I'll see you tonight. Hope you're ready to get shot." Derek grinned at me before taking off.

"Remind me to punch him next time I see him." I looked towards my dad before we turned to leave.

"Just make sure I get to see you do it."

"Of course."

Night fell while I was talking to Allison and Lydia on the phone. I glanced at the time and internally groaned.

"Alright I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'm gonna go for a jog, the nature preserve is calling my name and it's a nice night outside."

"Are you asking to get robbed or murdered?" Lydia asked.

"I'll be fine."

"Please be safe Nyx." Allison told me.

"I always am." I replied before I hung up.

I headed down to the living room to see my dad sitting there watching TV.

"Hey I'm heading out. Derek said he'll bring me home after."

"Alright. I love you and I'll see you when you get home." He said pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you dad. I'll see you in a little bit." I smiled softly at him.

I left the house and took off at a sprint towards the Nature Preserve. To say I was nervous was an understatement but I took a deep breath and concentrated. Spreading my hand out in front of me I mapped out the area with my magic, mapping any movement and bodies along the way.