Back To School

Severus sat staring out the window of the last compartment on the Hogwarts Express, watching passively as other students bid their families good bye. He felt a pang in his chest, thinking of his poor mother again. He had been doing that a lot during the summer holiday, finally being able to go through her journal as well as those of his ancestors. He may have been reluctant to give his thanks to McGonagall but he will admit, if she had not taken him under her wing he would not have been able to have such a peaceful summer, for the first time he experienced a lot of what his peers could enjoy every summer and take for granted. It made him bitter thinking about it.

He let out a sigh. He should not be getting this worked up so soon, he needed to save his energy to deal with Potter and his posse later while juggling school and other pests in his school. He actually wanted a year where he could focus solely on his studies and do well for once, no drama!

He whipped his head to the door as he suddenly heard it open. He froze. Potter stood there with all his idiotic glory! Damn it! How did Potter find him? It's too early for most of the compartments to be occupied, that was why he chose one at the very back of the train, at most only two or three students would be willing to use the compartment that's second to the last one(which was his). He hoped the Marauders would take a compartment in the middle of the train as they usually would.

Potter seemed to notice his existence, he stared at him with curious eyes, as if he did not recognise him. He suddenly smiled, and waved.

"Hey there! You new here? I haven't seen you anywhere, and you look my age. Anyway, I'm James. James Potter."

Of course Severus knew that! Severus knew the imbecile for five years, five long miserable years. Severus stared at him with his eyes wide for a moment, did Potter really become blind? Did his glasses become useless? Or did Severus truly become unrecognisable?

Potter ignored his lack of response and spoke once more, turning to the compartment door, "I'll go get Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail, my friends, we wanted a compartment at the back this year."

He rushed out the door, with barely concealed excitement.

Severus' senses came back to him, and he quickly closed the compartment door, performing advanced concealment spells and locking spells. Thank Merlin for the library at McGonagalls house.    

He breathed out a sigh of relief. He could relax throughout the train ride.

^_^^_^^_^

James scratched his head in confusion, he was sure there was a compartment right here. Where did it go?

"I swear there was a compartment here Pads!" He exclaimed.

Sirius just shook his head at his friends behaviour, "Just let it be Prongs, you've had your fun, we're lucky Moony saved us a compartment so let's get moving." He said.

James let out a sigh of frustration, He really wanted the new guy to meet his friends! James assumed the guy was new considering the fact that he looked James' age and since they're the same age and he has never seen him around he had to be a transfer student!

James generally was not interested in most people in his year, but that guy held an aura of mystery, just thinking about it made him come up with all kinds of conspiracies, which new student went to the last compartment on the train of their new school if they are not some type of secret spy! One on a mission about the rising Slytherin cult following the Dark Lord. He would have to become friends with the coolest kids in school, which would obviously be the Marauders! They would help him on his secret mission and create a lifelong brotherhood whilst being the coolest people of the century. Lily would be forced to see his awesomeness and then she would fall in love with him and they would get hitched and have a dozen babies!