Middle Of The Night

"Come out," Severus ordered.

The shadow behind the curtain made its way out.

It was Sirius Black.

Severus sighed, "What are you doing here Black?"

The culprit rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding Severus' gaze.

"I wanted to know if you're okay," Black said.

Severus smirked, "Really?"

He was already used to these Gryffindors shocking him, so he might as well have fun teasing them for it, they have done that for many years to begin with. It's time he got pay back, not to mention he was terribly bored in the Hospital Wing.

Black blushed and then nodded.

Severus laughed, what a ridiculous life he has! He lives with McGonagall, is friends or whatever he is with the Marauders, and is being haunted by a weird entity for Merlin knows what reason.

"Go back to your dorm Black, lest Remus and Potter find out about your visit. Thank you for your concern, I'm fine." He said.

Severus looked up to find Black staring at him weirdly, he cocked his head to the side and asked, "What is it? Is there something on my face?" 

Black shook his head, "You have a pretty laugh," he said.

Severus felt heat rush up to his neck and ears as soon as he heard that sentence --pretty! The audacity! His laugh is not pretty at all! Ugh! Nevermind, Severus could never get used to the behavioural changes of the Marauders, ever.

Black seemed to realize what he said, as his eyes widened and he gestured with his hands, "Sorry, that's not what I meant, your laugh is not pretty, that doesn't mean it's ugly-- but--"

Severus cut him off, "Black, just go back to your dorm," he said, annoyed.

"I-- uh yes," Black responded, his eyes downcast.

Severus shook his head as the boy left, he finally decided that he'll sleep.

^_^^_^^_^

Sirius trudged his way down the hallway as he wondered what had gotten into him, he just called Snape pretty! Well, maybe not him but his laugh, but that was besides the point!

He groaned as he rubbed his face, how embarrassing! To think one day he would be embarrassed by Snape, what had his life come to?

Then he heard a giggle, and something shuttling across the floor behind him. He instantly became alert.

"Who's there? Prongs? Cut it out!" Sirius said, he was not in the mood to deal with this.

More scuffling and giggling, he felt his hair being tugged as well.

Sirius gulped, he felt his hand getting sweaty, that giggle did not seem like Prongs' at all, he pulled out his wand.

"This is your last chance! Reveal yourself." He said.

Silence, pure silence, as if what happened was a dream.

Then he heard the cracking of bones behind him, his heart beat accelerated his hands and legs started shaking, he felt sweat pooling in his lower back. He prepared himself to fire any defense spell necessary.

He turned around. What he saw made him freeze in place. The hand holding his wand slackened, and the wand hit the floor with a crisp sound.