Imbeciles

Remus and Snape froze, Remus wondered what the heck Sirius and James were doing, they seemed perfectly content with making him an outcast amongst the group, why bother with him now? He had already made peace with the fact that the duo were not going to apologise for their mistakes, and although absolutely excruciating, he had to make them understand that their behaviour could not go unpunished.

"Don't make me repeat myself Moony, what the hell is going on here?" Sirius sneered once more.

Remus shook his head, he did not expect to hear his name drip with such distaste from Sirius' mouth ever, who knew it was all because Remus asked him to apologise to one guy, whom they had been tormenting!

"What does it look like?" Remus asked, in return, noticing the tensing of Snape and thus deciding to block him from view of the boys. Sirius seemed to notice as he tightened his jaw and clenched his fists, a new wave of anger appeared to overcome him.

"It looks like you're having a civil conversation with a low-life snake!" Sirius gritted out.

"Well of course, I am talking to you so..." Remus responded, smiling slightly as he heard James snort and Snape hide his chuckle with a cough.

Sirius turned red in the face, and was ready to throw a fit when Miss Pince appeared, telling him to keep it down or leave. He stomped out of the library while muttering under his breath.

James gave Remus an apologetic smile and said, "I'll go talk to him."

Remus noticed as he gave a brief glance to Snape, James seemed to hesitate, as if wanting to say something but just left the room instead.

Remus released a tired sigh as he turned back to Snape. He found said boy looking at him almost inquisitively, with his head leaning to the side, strands of his hair falling into his face, tempting Remus to brush them out of the way, Remus found it increasingly difficult to ignore the change in Snape's appearance the more time he spends with him.

"Am I allowed to know the reason for the dispute between you and the imbeciles?" Snape said.

Remus smiled slightly, "It's a bit of a long story..." he replied.

Snape snapped his book shut, interlocked his fingers, and rest his chin on them, looking Remus straight in the eye, his smirk held a bit of mischief, almost as if he was teasing Remus, "I think I have the patience to listen."

Remus felt himself choke, what had he gotten himself into!

^_^^_^^_^

"You look like crap," was the first thing Remus heard after a span of five minutes as he sat alone on the courtyard floor. He turned to the voice and found the source, Snape stood there with his hand on his hip, the other holding his books up to his chest.

He was probably right, Remus had a row with Sirius in the courtyard about his relationship with Severus, Sirius going as far as to say that Snape brainwashed him, and soon Remus will be part of the no-good-Death Eaters. They were both so loud that it attracted a crowd, news about their fight probably spread wide in the school.

Snape sat beside him, pulling out a bar of muggle chocolate and offering it to him.

Remus took it, muttering a thanks. They both fell into silence after the chocolate was exchanged.

"You shouldn't let him get to you," Snape said. Remus turned his head to look at him.

"Black, that is, he has a tendency of saying nonsense, sometimes I think I lose brain cells when he talks to me, more like bark honestly. I think that most times he acts more like a dog than a human"

Remus snorted at that, Snape did not know how right he was.

Snape smirked then continued, "I'm not fond of the idea that I'm the reason you imbeciles fought, but one thing I know is that Black is as stubborn as a mule," chuckling slightly before sobering up, "However, I think your bond with him is strong, maybe that's why it frustrates him more than anything that the person that he's dubbed his sworn enemy was able to be on civil terms with someone that he deeply cares for, I know that's how I felt when I saw Lily entertain Potter. I got over it though, and I believe Black will too, just give him some time."

Remus looked at him in wonder for a moment, then smiled, that was the longest Snape ever spoke to him without throwing insults at him, to think that it's just to comfort him! This increased the certainty in his heart that he made the right decision when he tried to mend things with Snape.

Remus let out a short laugh, "I don't think Sirius will ever get over anything that involves you!" He said, cheering up.

Snape dramatically brought his hand over his forehead and moaned, "Oh yes! How could I forget? Black is hopelessly in love with me!"

Remus laughed full on this time, who knew that Snape the emo Slytherin had a killer sense of humour?

Snape chuckled along side with him. After they had their fair share of laughter, Remus smiled at Snape, "Thank you Severus," he said, with as much sincerity that he could muster to show his gratitude.

Snape-- no Severus, froze for a second, then smiled softly, "Anytime Remus."

Severus got up after looking at his watch, "Now that you're looking less dead, I should take my leave. I have an essay to complete."

Remus hummed slightly in response, still dazed from the smile the other boy directed his way! He's never seen the boy smile so softly and openly, even with Lily!

Remus' back thudded on the courtyard floor as he gushed! Severus Snape smiled at him! He actually smiled at him! Remus Lupin, Oh Merlin! He needed to note down the day and remember it for the rest of his life!

Remus opened the bar of chocolate and took a bite to calm his racing heart and burning cheeks. Ah! The sweet relief brought by bitter dark chocolate... the quality muggle kind too! Severus really is a good friend, that's what they were right? Friends, or are they acquaintances, or what if Severus was just tolerating him? What is he to Severus? Remus asked himself, groaning as he felt a headache slowly drilling into his head.

Authors Note: Hi! Another update, a pretty short chapter though, I won't lie. Anyway, I think I'll incorporate some Severus with James and Sirius time in the next chapter, it may not be pleasant though but we need the "drama". Don't forget to stay safe, vote and comment! Till next time.