Goals

"What do you plan to pursue after graduation?" Remus said, sitting comfortably on the side of Severus. Potter joined them, tentatively sitting opposite Severus.

Severus narrowed his eyes instinctively. Remus nudged him slightly and he loosened up. It was still awkward between him and Potter ever since the crying incident. They tried to steer clear of each other as much as possible, more so out of embarrassment from both ends than anything.

Severus genuinely started to find himself forgiving Potter slowly. He was still apprehensive, but with Remus cheering him on and believing that Potter would never hurt him again, he decided to give it a chance.

Severus sighed.

"I plan to join the Ministry as a potioneer and spell creator." He answered honestly. He did not mind people knowing of his future desires, career-wise at least.

"What about you?" He said, turning the question on Remus.

"I think I'd like to study magical creatures," he said almost bashfully. Severus smirked.

Severus glanced at James, who widened his eyes and started rubbing his neck, "Uhh.... maybe play Quidditch or becoming an Auror? " James replied. Severus nodded in turn, who was he to judge someone's dreams? He certainly would not appreciate it if someone judged his.

Just as he was about to go back to reading he saw a shadow of something shuttled across the library floor, he snapped his head up again just to assert that he saw something. He did not see anything again, maybe it was his imagination.

^_^^_^^_^

The Gods were definitely pulling at Severus' leg, why else would the members of the Marauders come by asking for forgiveness one by one? Severus could not wrap his head around it, if he thought Potters' apology was forced then Blacks' apology was worse, it sounded like he was threatened by a batch of criminals and if he did not do what they asked, apologize to Severus in this case, then his entire family would be massacred.

"Let's not bother ourselves, Black, this is twice as painful for me as it is for you, believe me." Severus pleaded.

Black did not bother staying any longer and immediately left, Regulus came up to Severus soon after his older brother left.

"I just saw that idiot leave, did he bother you? Are you hurt?" Regulus said, alarmed.

Severus smiled bitterly," No, he came to apologize." He replied, rubbing his head. He felt a headache coming through and he wanted to take a year-long vacation right then and there.

"Oh thank Merlin,-- wait what?" Regulus exclaimed.

^_^^_^^_^

Maybe Severus was hallucinating, he saw a Pixie shaped shadow as he sat near Regulus in the library.

He then heard a cruel laugh.

"Did you hear that?" He asked his friend.

"Hear what?" Regulus replied, "I didn't hear anything." He said.

Severus was certain that he heard a laugh, he uneasily went back to attempting his assignments.

The next occurrence happened when he was leaving the Great Hall. He heard the weird shuffling of feet behind him, this caused chills to travel down his spine, he tried picking up his pace, but so did the footsteps, they almost seemed like they were tripping on themselves.

Severus burst into a sprint, he heard the sound behind him amplify somehow. When he was turning a corner he bumped into someone. They both fell to the ground.

"Ugh, watch where you're going!" The voice said, but Severus did not bother to check who the owner of the voice was, he was looking back trying to hear any footsteps. He breathed a sigh of relief, he heard no footsteps.

"Hey! Can't you hear me," the voice below him said, "Or are you crazy--Snape?" The voice said.

This resulted in Severus turning his head to the person he bumped into.

It was Sirius Black.

Severus scrambled to get back up, apologizing profusely, he kept glancing back to the hallway behind them. Black must have noticed as he said, "What the hells going on with you?"

Severus had already begun rushing to the Slytherin Common Room, abandoning Black in the hallway.

^_^^_^_^

Sirius did not see Snape at breakfast the following day.

"Hey Moony, has anything been up with Snape lately?" He asked.

Moony looked up from his book and Prongs snapped his head up in Sirius' direction so fast that he worried that his friend got whiplash.

"Why do you ask?" Moony said, almost accusingly.

Sirius held his hands up in surrender, "I didn't do anything! I just bumped into him yesterday and he looked like he saw a ghost, he was running from something I think." He said, defending himself.

"I promise, I did nothing to him," He said, trying to convince them once more as they stared at him in suspicion.

Moony sighed, "Now that you mentioned it, he has been acting weird lately. He's been talking about seeing shadows and hearing weird sounds."

"Weird sounds like what?" Prongs inquired before Sirius could.

"Well, things like laughter, giggles, shuffling feet and whispering."

"Has Snape finally gone bonkers!" Sirius asked, earning him a glare from both Moony and Prongs.

He did a zipping gesture on his mouth.

Prongs rubbed his cheek in contemplation.

"When did he start seeing them?" Prongs asked.

"About three weeks ago," Moony replied after brief contemplation.

Prongs' eyes widened, "Three weeks ago, Padfoot, isn't that since those Hufflepuffs were attacked?"

Sirius also widened his eyes, "Bloody hell, you're right."

Moony chimed in at that, "Weren't you the ones that played a prank on those Hufflepuffs?"

Prongs shook his head, "Actually we found Snape at the scene, that's why we were all serving detention."

Sirius asked, "So you reckon Snapes cursed because he attacked those Hufflepuffs."

Prongs shook his head, "I doubt, you saw how scared he looked, plus, he said he didn't do it so I believe him."

Moony smiled at that statement, while Sirius grumbled under his breath. When did Prongs become so level-headed? Sirius knew that Snape could not be a good influence on Prongs, look what he's done to him!

"From what I heard when McGonagalll and Slughorn were arguing, the magic core of the students that were attacked were seriously damaged." Prongs continued.

Moony held his chin, muttering under his breath. He stood up quickly once that was done.

"I'll see you guys in a bit, I have to look up something in the library." He said.

Prongs hastily stood up as well, "I'll come with you."

They both left Sirius alone, leaving him groaning. What has Snape done to his friends!

Author's Note: What do you guys think is up? Stay safe, vote and comment!