Oh No

Severus flinched as Remus sent him a glare.

"Well, you're all good, you only need a bit more rest and you can leave," sighed Madam Pomfrey taking her leave after examining him.

There was an awkward silence after she left, Remus boring holes into the side of Severus' head.

"Please say something!" Severus said, exasperated. Anything was better than the silence.

Remus opened his mouth, but then the door was opened and the sound of running feet invaded Severus' ears.

Soon, Potter was infront of him, panting as though he ran a marathon.

"You--" Potter wheezed as he shook his index finger up at Severus.

"How could you--" He gasped once more.

"That was irresponsible of you Severus! Why did you exclude information from us? You could have died for Merlin's sake!" Remus finally said.

"Do you know how worried we were, you kept on convulsing on the floor after you passed out, you turned grey, your eyes wouldn't open, your lips were sealed tight too. There was even a point when you stopped breathing Severus!" Remus continued.

Potter nodded along when Severus turned to him. Severus felt at a loss.

"Do you even care for how we feel? Did you decide that you don't care to the point where you'd let us be this way?" Remus asked.

Severus was starting to get annoyed now.

"Why do you speak as though you cared about my feelings from the very beginning. If you did, maybe we wouldn't be here. You're acting as though I'd be missed, you guys would just move on and forget about me. The only reason you're here is because you felt guilty for what you did last year isn't it? Don't act like you care deeply please." Severus said.

Remus stopped what he was going to say as he stared at Severus, wide eyed, Potter not being much better.

"Is that really how you feel Severus?" Remus said. Severus could feel the hurt laced within those words.

Severus did not answer. Remus nodded, he collected his books swiftly and rushed out of the infirmary. Severus swore he heard him sniffle once or twice.

Severus turned to Potter. The boy was staring at him with an indescribable look in his eyes. Potter held his gaze for a few seconds and then looked away.

"Severus. Do I look like the type that does things because of pity? So don't try to give me that crap. You and I know full well that I would never do that." With that said, Potter strutted out of the infirmary as well.

'Great' thought Severus. He successfully pissed off-- no hurt two Gryffindors, and left himself with an ache in his chest, once again questioning his own line of action.

^_^^_^^_^

Severus pulled his hair out in frustration, what did he have to do to make Remus stop avoiding him?

He was trying to find strategies to solve his issue while walking down the hallway during dinner, he could not eat so he decided that a stroll would be fine.

That was supposed to be the case. Until he turned at a corner.

His wand made a sharp sound as it hit the floor, his right hand coming up to his face, covering his quivering mouth, he felt a cold shudder take over his entire body and his scalp felt numb at the sight in front of him.