Fighting Back

After two exhausting weeks training with Dumbledore, Severus was ready to face the creature causing him issues. After dealing with his first term exams of course. Which, for goodness sake why is he so behind everyone?

He groaned.

"Stop groaning so much, it's not going to do anything y'know. All you can do is study for your exams." Regulus chastised.

"I know, but who the hell decided to make Divination so much of a hassle. I've read this passage ten times already, I still don't understand anything."

Regulus sighed and stood up.

"Let's go for a trip to Hogsmead. Divination is your last paper before you duel that thing right?"

"Well, yes, but --" he got cut off.

"No buts! I miss you, ever since we got back you've been around my brother and his lot. You don't spend time with me anymore! That's not fair at all." Regulus whined, pouting.

Severus laughed, he wished Regulus knew how much he resembled his older brother when he pouted.

"Okay, okay. I haven't been giving you enough love have I? I'll make up for it." He said. Standing up to join Regulus.

They ventured to the Slytherin Common Room to get a warmer set of clothes. Soon leaving the castle.

"Our first stop is HoneyDukes, then we go for some butterbeer, after that we go to a new trinket shop I saw. Thought it suited you," Regulus stated.

"Your word is my command!" Severus replied, as if taking orders.

^_^^_^^_^

Severus did not know that the "new trinket shop" was one that had a range of artifacts that Severus could only dream about.

Maybe I should get this for McGonagall, he thought as he stared at the green hourglass necklace. It had green mist surrounding it, giving a sense of mystery, whilst also giving serenity.

"You have a good eye young sir! This piece is one of my masterpieces, unfortunately, it's not showy enough for most of my clients, so its usually ignored. It's very nice, no?"

Severus jerked back when he heard the man speak. Then he nodded.

The man smiled.

"I knew you would agree, I'm Raphael, the owner of this place. How about I give you a discount for your good eye."

"I'm Severus, nice to meet you sir."

"Severus, what an interesting name. Come, come, let's go ring you up for your necklace, whoever you're buying this for is extremely lucky. This neck piece is charmed to protect them and also boost their natural strengths."

"Why have you stopped young man?" He asked, rounding up behind Severus and looking in the direction that he was.

"Ah, you really do have great taste! This makes me so happy. I like to call those rings the three rings of fate." The man said.

"Legend ha--" The man stopped halfway, as he watched on with Severus as the rings started to glow, the detailing changing into that worthy of royalty.

"Are they supposed to do that?" Severus asked, confused.

"Uhh-- Uhh, not really. Actually, they should. Yeah, they totally should," the man said. Severus thought he was convincing himself more than Severus.

The man continued muttering to himself as he grabbed a purple pouch and three small ring boxes. He placed the rings inside the boxes carefully and then he placed the pendant in the pouch.