First Occurrence

"Did you hear? Two HufflePuff students were attacked last night, they say it's the Dark Lord at work."

"Really? He's making a move already? Then why are Potter and his lot serving detention?

"I don't know, Snape's serving it with them."

These were the words Remus heard after a full moon night in which Sirius (who still gave him the silent treatment) and James abandoned him halfway to cause trouble, what he didn't expect was for them to actually attack students, to the point that said students had to visit the Hospital Wing. He kept in mind to sneak into the detention they were serving to find answers, as well as prevent them from harming Severus in the midst of it. It was close to dinner time, so he did not have to wait long.

Remus successfully made it to the room the three boys were serving detention, being prefect had its perks. He heard Sirius' loud cursing before opening the door slightly. He was met with a scene that left him feeling perplexed, it seemed that he was worried about the wrong person as Severus was safe and sound, quietly tending to scrubbing the desks, while Sirius looked like he was going to lose his mind, spewing all kinds of insults, James was holding him back from charging straight on at Severus, Remus failed to understand why.

He cleared his throat to get their attention and they all paused what they were doing. He shut the door behind him and made his way inside the room, Severus was the first to react, he smirked at him and then said, "You really need to work on your parental urges, you came all the way here to babysit these idiots instead of resting. How rational."

Remus smiled tiredly, that was Severus' way of saying he should rest and that he cared for him, Remus wished he could say the same for the remaining two in the room.

"Hey who are you calling idiots, you snake!" Sirius yelled before charging at Severus, who maintained his relaxed face, Sirius bounced off an invisible wall when he got about fifteen steps away from Severus.

Remus' head jerked back in shock, what was that?

"Bloody barrier! You won't have it on forever Snape! I'll catch you when you're not expecting it." Sirius bellowed.

Remus inched closer to James while Sirius was busy, "This has been going on for how long?" He asked.

"Most of the night, Snape reached the room before us and already set up the barrier, it applies twice as much force as the one Padfoot applies, he almost broke his back when he charged at the thing once. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Pity he won't tell us the spell." James replied, releasing a sigh that Remus would call of admiration? He wasn't certain. He glanced at him once more to confirm it.

"Am I hearing things or did you just compliment Snape?" He asked.

James tilted his head, "Oh, did I say that part out loud?" Remus nodded his head to confirm.

James shrugged his shoulders, "It's not like I lied."

Remus was left shocked once again.

"Oh that's utter nonsense Horace and you know it too!" Was the voice they heard accompanied by rushed footsteps, soon, Mcgonagall along with Slughorn were seen by Remus and James, Sirius was too preoccupied by cursing the barrier formed by Severus.

"May I know what's going on here?" Slughorn asked as they entered, halting the complaints of Mcgonagall.

"This bloody barrier is what's going on!" Yelled Sirius, kicking the barrier with his foot, seemingly oblivious to the audience that he garnered.

Mcgonagalls eyes lit up like Remus had never seen before, and she intercepted Slughorn in a tone that was dare he say it, excitement.

"You were able to master the charm? Without any casualties? Oh Merlin, Severus! This is wonderful!" She exclaimed, rushing to the position near Sirius' and lightly knocking on the dome-shaped barrier.