Adoration

"Hey Moony, you free this weekend?" James asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's go on a date."

Remus froze.

"A date?"

"Uh-huh. You, Pads and I should hang out. We haven't done that in a while."

Remus felt his neck heat up, how silly of him. James meant that they should hang out as they used to. He did not mean anything by his choice of words. Remus had been trying to avoid any talk about romance with James and Sirius. The boys also never brought it up. Maybe they forgot about it.

He nodded.

^_^^_^^_^

After a week spent studying and working on long essays it sure did feel nice to breath in some fresh air after sleeping in.

Sirius held his hand and pulled him forward.

"Honeydukes first? My treat."

"Yes, some chocolate would be nice."

"I'd like some liquorice please." James chimed in.

Cringing, Sirius replied, "I never understand why you like that thing!"

"Oh shut up! It's going in my mouth isn't it?"

"Yeah but my tongue will be in that mouth soon."

"Padfoot!" He yelled, hitting him on his arm. Remus watched as the now couple wrestled eachother on the ground.

He laughed. Yes, these were his idiot best friends.

^_^^_^^_^

"Will you be free to assist me with the Transfiguration assignment this week?" said the brunette. She was tall and thin and had green eyes. A beautiful girl. She was a girl that Remus could hardly remember, they never interacted much in the past but he did recall that she was indeed in his Transfiguration class.

"No he won't. He promised to help me with my Potions assignment, isn't that right Moony?" Sirius answered on his behalf. He was looking at Remus with a gaze that basically ordered him to agree. So he did.

"Oh, that's okay. Whenever you're free plea--"

"He'll never be free so bug off!"

"Sirius!" He admonished, "I'm so sorry about him. I don't know what's gotten into him. I'll let you know when I'm free."

The girl nodded and muttered her thanks before leaving. James came back with three cups of Butter Beer at that moment. 

"What was that?" Remus asked.

While setting the cups on the table James said, "What was what?"

"Can't you see what she's trying to do? She's been trying to get your attention for a while now."

"You mean the Ravenclaw girl?" James said, sliding into the seat next to Sirius.

"Yeah. She just tried to secure a date with Moony."

James' face screwed up, then he advised him, "Don't go. That girl has made it her personal mission to either date or sleep with one of us. She wants it for the bragging rights, head her talking 'bout it with her friends."