SEVEN

"Somedays I wish I could go back in life

"Somedays I wish I could go back in life. Not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice."

-×-

"Are we paying your fees so that you show us this?" Jeon Jeong-Hyun shouted at the 7 years old boy who was now silently sobbing while looking at his painting that won first prize in the "art compitition" of his school. The little boy was just hung his head low, hoping that his mother will say something but all in vain.

"What is your maths score huh? How much did you score in your maths test?" Jeong-Hyun roared and the little boy shivred. A low whimper left his lips and he closed his eyes in fear. The old woman who was watching all this from her chair, silently wiped her tears. She was weak, couldn't stand on her feet and couldn't see her grandson like that.

"Oh c..come on Hyun...the child i..is scared." The old lady said lowly and Jeong-Hyun immediately showed his palm to her. "Better you don't interrupt mom." And he again turned to the little boy who was still shivering. His little fists were grabbing his pants tighter. "Whats the score Jungkook?"

"I..I...g...got...." Jungkook's words refused to come out of his lips. He was scared. He was just 7 years old and it was too much for him. "SPEAK DAMNIT!"

"12!" Jungkook immediately spoke after hearing the order from his father but didn't dare to look up. "12 out of 15?" Jeong-Hyun raised his eyebrow and Jungkook slowly nodded.

There was silence for a while and then Jungkook saw a pair of shoes stopping right in front of him. Jeong-Hyun grabbed his chin and made him look up at him. The boy whimpered and closed his eyes, too afraid to face his father. "Listen kid, You are gonna be the heir of the Jeons. Better stop with your art thing and focus on subjects that will actually help you. Next time, I want full marks in main subjects. You got it?"

Jungkook slowly nodded his head and sobbed when his father left his chin and went from there. He hiccuped and looked at his side for his mother but she was not there. He then looked over his shoulder to look at his back and found his grandmother looking at him. The old lady slightly smiled and gestured Jungkook to come to her and the boy did the same.

He slowly took little steps towards his grandmother but stopped when he heard his grandmother's voice. "Kookie...bring your artbook son". Jungkook stopped and looked at his grandmother as if he was asking "are you sure?" from his big doe teary eyes and his grandmother slowly nodded.

The boy took slow steps towards his book and picked it up. He hiccuped as he walked towards his grandmother and slowly stood in front of her. "Show me what beautiful art my beautiful Jungkookie has done." She patted her knee as a signal to keep that book on her knees and Jungkook slowly did the same.

He placed the closed book on her knees and hiccuped. The hiccups weren't stopping, neither his tears. Grandma sighed slowly as he slowly lifted her wrinkled hand and cupped the boy's face. Those hands were rough but don't know why, Jungkook always found his comfort in them. The lady slowly wiped away his tears and kissed his forehead.