Chapter 3

Wilburs POV
we set off that morning a little late. we had to look for Philip, which took a while. once Quackity was able to find him, we mounted our horses and left immediately.

since Quackity found Philip, he's been quiet. I want to ask him if something happened but he doesn't seem in the mood for talking.

I rode my horse and kept forward, watching the map. though we used some daylight, we should be back on schedule soon.

as I rode, I thought of a plan I had come up with, one thing I definitely wanted to do when we got back. I wanted to visit our unexpected guest from way back.

Sam.

whenever Quackity and I had talked about returning, I had always thought about getting payback on him.

have I brought it up to him? no. I want him to know I have changed and am a better person. and I think I have changed. I think I am better. but the thought of Sam boils my blood.

maybe he'll get lucky and I don't go near him, maybe I will. I probably will. the only thing that may keep me from killing him is Quackity, and even then, the only reason he'd want me to spare Sam is so he could kill him instead.

I hear Philip start groaning behind me, obviously no longer a fan of the donkey ride.

"your fine, you can handle it." I stated bluntly. "you did it yesterday, buddy!" I tried sounding more cheerful.

I looked back and Quackity seemed to be nodding off on the donkey. Philip kept pulling against his shirt, trying to keep Quackity up back getting fussy when they didn't get their way.

I look up to the sky and see the sun somewhere past noon, we had maybe five, six hours left of daylight, so it's maybe one o'clock? Two even. we're back on schedule and we have been riding a while...

"Charlie! keep watch! we're going to rest for a bit here!" I call ahead of me. he waves back and I hop off my horse.

I let it roam around and do as it pleased. there wasn't anywhere for it to hide so even if it did go out a little it wouldn't be hard to find.

"here buddy, c'mere." I grabbed Philip from Quackity and set them down. I then help Quackity down from the donkey.

"hm? why are we stopping?" he asked, just now coming back from reality.

"you seem way too tired to continue right now, some rest will do you well."

"mmm no... I'm okay."

"you sound exhausted."

"no no, you're just stup- yawn... stupid.."

I laugh and help him off the donkey.

"you should relax, my love. I'll watch Philip, alright?"

with few protests, Quackity finally agreed and laid on the grass, falling asleep immediately. I didn't realize he was that tired.

I smile and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on his temple.

"Pa- Ah! Pa!" Philip pushes my leg, already missing any attention.

"hi buddy, come here." I lift them up and put them on my hip. "I wish you would tell me how you got so dirty!" I poked their cheek.

a strong breeze went by and I sucked in the air in my lungs. I felt so much lighter. after Quackity... back then the only reason I didn't smoke is because I didn't have a pack with me, and I didn't have the energy to get more.

the reason I don't now is because I quit. and now, I feel better. I feel like this air, though the same regardless if I smoked or not, is so much different now.

"Da!" Philip smacks my face. they love touching things with their hands, or hitting in this case.

"yes, hello."

I reach into the donkeys chest-saddle thing, I don't know what people call it, and pull out some carrots.

I take a bite and give the rest to Philip. they happily takes the snack. I hum at how quickly they eat it.

"hungry?"

Philip nods and makes grabby hands at the chest.

"more?"

"Ah!" they nod their head and keep reaching.

"alright, here." I grab another and let them have the whole thing.

I set them down on the ground and let them eat as they pleased.

I look around us and check where we are. I realize that we aren't as far as I thought. if we push through in the night for maybe like, two hours, we can make it to Phils by today!

I decide to keep my little "discovery" to myself, I didn't want to wake Quackity. but telling Charlie would do us well...

"Charlie!" I yelled out to him. no answer. "odd..." I said to myself.

I looked around and he was no where in sight. I thought that odd. I told him to keep watch, not go ahead. I kept calling out to him, and kept an eye of Philip.

something wasn't sitting with me. I grabbed Philips hand, I didn't want them out of my sight. I sat next to Quackity and looked around us.

nothing looked wrong but it definitely felt wrong. as much as I didn't want to bother Quackity, now would be the best time to wake him.

"Quackity, my love. wake up." I shook his shoulder.

he didn't move though.

"Quackity, baby, let's get going." I shook him again. "Quackity? Quackity!? QUACKITY!!"

He didn't move. his body was limp. I kept shaking him and felt panic fill my head.

"no no no NO!! wake up! what's going on!?"

"pa?" Philip also shook Quackity.

"Pa isn't okay!" my breathing was static and uneven. I kept shaking him awake but nothing was working. "QUACKITY!"

this couldn't have been a coincidence. this odd feeling and Quackity being out, something had to have happened.

in a panicked state, I grabbed Quackity and Philip. I can't worry about Charlie right now, I have bigger fish to fry. all I could thing was get away.

I lay Quackity onto my horse with lots of difficulty and then get Philip up. I hoisted myself on next and rode off.

I couldn't go very fast, but my pace wasn't slow at all. I had Quackity sat at an awkward position and Philip was sitting right on top of him.

the whole time Philip was babbling and crying. they were trying to make the words to ask what's going on, what's wrong with Pa, why are we running? but they just didn't know them.

"it's okay, buddy. it's okay. Papi's gonna be okay. he has to be. it's alright." I reassured them the whole time, and maybe also myself.

we were off the map, I knew that. we always were from the SMP but now I had no clue where we were. but I kept riding.

dumb, I know. but I couldn't stay there.

I kept my body low, keep Quackity and Philip close to me.

"Philip, come on, Buddy. hold onto Da, don't let go. everything is alright. hold onto Da!"

Please be okay, please be okay, please please please! repeated in my head.

I rode in whatever direction. I didn't look back. I wanted to get Quackity somewhere safe and where we were was not it.

I just needed Quackity to be safe.