Chapter 20

Wilburs POV
"WILBUR CALM DOWN!"

"DAD I CAN NOT BE CALM!" I slammed my fist on the table.

"WILBUR! Not the cool table, a God gave it to me." Technoblade said in the corner.

"Shut up! All of you!" I yelled again.

"Wilbur, breaking shit doesn't change anything mate. take a deep breath..." Phil took a deep breath and I tried copying him.

in.

hold.

out.

"there, does that feel better?"

"NO! Quackity and Philip are STILL MISSING! and the cherry on top is its because of that DAMN fox!"

"Wilbur, take it from me, you need to relax! calm down!" Dream said.

"you don't get to talk to me about calming down you fox-fucker!"

that shut him up real fast.

"Wilbur, this changes nothing. you need to be calm so we can find Quackity and the kids!" Tommy gripped my shoulder.

he started doing the in, hold, and out breathing and I eventually followed his lead.

in.

hold.

out.

I calmed down a little, but was still burning with anger. but at least I wasn't slamming my fists anymore. I didn't say another word, though. I stayed quiet.

"okay, now Tommy, tell us exactly what happened." Phil said calmly.

"we were playing cards and Quackity was all like "you guys suck at this" so I was like "there's more games at Phils house" and he was like "I'll go get them" and he didn't come back. you guys did."

my fists tightened as I wanted to yell again, mainly at Tommy for letting him go. but, it wasn't his fault. I had to remember that. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"I've checked my place, it was definitely where he was taken. Sam must've somehow known you were coming! but how?" Phil scanned the room. "did anyone snitch?"

"Hey hey hey, snitching would only get us in trouble. plus, only Tommy or Tubbo would have." Dream gave Tommy a side eye.

"HEY! FUCK YOU MAN! I wouldn't tell on Quackity! especially when he was bringing Philip! I was just excited to meet my nephew!"

I definitely noticed the lack of me in that sentence. but I don't have it in me too care. I just want to know how this could have happened.

"Hey, relax everyone. we don't need any fighting. Ranboo, what are your thoughts?" Philza looked over to Ranboo who was sitting in their chair, trying to be as small as possible. all eyes on them.

"w-well Sam said that he found some stuff out, and-and that I had to pay my time for it, so I-I did and he..." Ranboo stuttered, getting their story straight. I gave them a look which they definitely noticed. it didn't help with them trying to share their story.

"Hey, calm down mate. we're listening." Phil patted their shoulder.

"thanks... Sam was um... he was basically using me to lure in Technoblade, who he knew would bring Dream- but thats all I know! I didn't know that Fundy was involved!"

I tried thinking back to any time Sam could've known we were coming, but drew blanks. it didn't help that everyone was talking about their own theories and sharing evidence and what not.

"Wilbur, is there anytime you could think of when you could've been seen?" Dream asked, catching my attention.

"no... no. when we were making our journey here, the only real thing that had happened was Quackity being pois... soned..." I trailed off as something hit me mentally.

"what is it?" Tubbo asked.

"before Quackity passed out, Philip went missing. Quackity found them in the woods after a while but normally we find Philip quickly. they always come when we ask."

"what are you getting at?" Tommy questioned.

"what I'm getting at is... I think that's when Sam found out we were coming back."

everyone fell silent. well, except for Charlie.

"ohhhh! Sam! I know him! yeah, he's mean! he took my horse and it took me forever to get here!"

everyone's eyes slowly turned to Charlie as he stood unknowingly proud. I felt the rage build up inside as I wanted to-

"YOU'RE TELLING US NOW?!" I shouted.

Tommy was quick to grab my arm to keep me seated and not kill Charlie.

"yes! I just remembered who we were talking about!"

everyone groaned, me being the loudest.

"wait, guys! I have an idea! but some of you may not like it." Tubbo jumped up and slowly turned to Dream. Dream cocked his brow at the younger.

"well? what is it?"

"live bait! Sam is after you, Dream! so if he thinks we are giving you up for everyone else!"

"guess what! you're right, Tubbo! I don't like it!" Dream said with a happy-sarcastic tone. "you just want Sam to put me back in the Vault because you're still not over the past! grow up!"

"I did grow up! you should try it! and I'm not trying to let Sam catch you! I'm saying we use you as bait because Sam is the one after you!" argued Tubbo.

"Like hell! nobody taken was important enough for me to-"

I grabbed Dreams shoulder and gave it a death grip. if he didn't have that stupid mask on we'd be making eye contact, but yet I'm staring into two eye holes.

"it's our best shot. and Quackity and Philip are fucking important. your doing it." I said coldly.

at the moment I didn't care about what he had done for me or us in the past, I just cared about how he could help now.

"please..."

"ugh! fine! but then you all owe me a favor!"

"glad we can agree! alright, Ranboo, come with me. I'm gonna give you a quick check-up." Phil clapped his hands together and left the room. the "bench-trio" following behind him despite him only asking for Ranboo. Charlie just fucking disappeared.

"so, what's the plan?" Technoblade asked casually.

"I don't know!" Dream said in a frustrated tone.

"Whats wrong with you? upset you're bait now?" Teased Technoblade.

"no, a little, but that isn't it," Dream sat down at an empty chair and took off his mask. that caught our attention. "you guys know... my voice problem, right?"

"yeah?" we answered in unison.

"they've been telling me to get to the lava."

"what does that have to do with anything? what lava?" I questioned.

"I thought it was them wanting to go back to the prison, you know, the lava wall."

"and?"

"and well, when I finally got there... they only got worse."

"heh? but you got to the lava!" Techo said as he sat down in his seat.

"no, I didn't. not the "lava" they wanted. it's not the nethers, it's not some random pool, I think... I think the "lava" is a person."

"a person? what person is lava? that doesn't make sense!" I said.

"I agree, there isn't anyone on the SMP who IS lava."

"there is someone who is damn well close to it, though." Dream looked up at us. "and I think that their the one with the Death Book."