28

Freya sauntered to the training grounds, holding a parasol to shade herself from the sun. The sunlight that seeped through the leaves caressed her face. Leaving spots and splashes of light, enhancing her delicate features.

Upon seeing her, the squad paused from their training and lined up, greeting their master. Freya smiled faintly then gestured for them to lift their head.

"My princess, what is today's special occasion for you to bless us with your presence?" The man with tattoos who stood in front grinned brightly.

Usually, demons tend to preserve their looks in their twenties, though some prefer to look older. The man in front of her for example looked in his forties, but in truth, his age has surpassed her dad's.

"Captain Maxwell, you jest. You make it sound like I don't come here often." Freya sulked playfully.

He was the captain of the team, Soul Reapers that Arche gave her on her tenth birthday. All of them had sworn with a blood oath and pledged their loyalty to her. The slightest ill-intention will make their heart burst into million pieces.

She summoned her crystal butterflies and healed everyone's injuries from training. "All of you have worked hard, so I'm treating everyone to a meal."

As she said that, the maids behind her brought many dishes and served them on a long table. The buffet-style meal made the men drool.

"Thank you very much." They cheered in unison.

Freya pulled the captain to the same table as hers, she asked, "How's the angel doing?"

This was her true purpose. She glanced at Dylan from the corner of her eyes. It seems like he's getting along quite well with the rest of the group.

"Him? He is a kid with good potential. He had already surpassed some of our members. He's more well-versed with ranged weapons, especially bows and arrows."

"I see. It seems like he's useful." Freya placed her palm on her cheek, "If he made no progress, I would've thrown him out."

Maxwell nodded. This master of his was sometimes kind and sometimes cruel.

She might pity the weak, and throw some ropes at the person drowning in the sea. But whether they could climb the rope would depend on themselves. She won't pull you up and might even smile as you drown.

She only acknowledges the strong, those who put in the effort to change their surroundings. But of course, she is very partial and tender towards the few she held dear in her heart.

Others were just worthless ants in her eyes. No one despised her attitude because there was backing to her arrogance. It even made them admire her.

She can't use spells or buffs, but she could defeat them with her skills and cunning tricks. All of them here were in the top 500, it's already very impressive. That made them respect her sincerely from their hearts.

Maxwell remembered the first time they met, she hid behind Ache like a shy bunny but...that was only when Arche was present.

Once she was left alone with them, her true demeanor made them shiver. She was a predator through and through.

"Then I'll leave everything to you." Freya smiled at Maxwell. "Until I get his blood oath, don't let him learn too much."

Freya was the one who brought Dylan here but she certainly did not trust him completely. People change over the years, she may pity him but...he was nothing compared to her family's safety.

"Yes, princess."

"Captain, I've been wanting to tell you. Your nose it out." Freya pointed to her own nose with an adorable giggle.