30

Under the radiance of a thousand stars, Freya finally opened her eyes that were more alluring than the dark sky. The previous pain and discomfort had already disappeared.

This place...was she here before?

She sat up slowly and glanced around curiously. She was surrounded by a field of scabiosa atropurpurea.

Freya cupped the flower gently in her palm and gave it a sniff, the sweet smell made her smile. It reminded her of Caiden when he tortures people.

The dark maroon may look a little intimidating, but it gave off the scent of honey. Caiden was gentle to her but ruthless to others. The only person who gets to taste the sweet honey was her. 

Maybe she should have a bouquet prepared when she sees him the next time. Oh, maybe not, it represented widowhood. That won't be good, Caiden might misunderstand.

Though...she wasn't sure where she was. Who knows when they will meet each other. Freya sighed, was she in hell?

"You're here." The girl smiled at her.

Freya looked up and saw another her that was surrounded by red spider lilies. She linked it up with what the flowers symbolize.

She snapped her fingers in realization, "You're the dead me. Fancy meeting you here. I thought I died."

"As expected of me, not freaking out even now." 'Freya' laughed.

The red gown she was wearing fluttered along with the spider lilies. Her eyes reflected the sea of crimson, making them so enticing yet vicious at the same time.

Freya knew at a glance, her personality in the past...should be a few times crueler than the current her. Even now, her body's instinct told her that the 'Freya' in front of her is dangerous. But was she afraid of herself? No.

"Do you know how much the system you created gave me a headache?" Freya complained. "Do you like torturing yourself? I never realized I was a masochist."

'Freya' tilted her head and smiled slyly, "Won't you do the same if you were in my position?"

Struck by this question, Freya's licked her canines with a chuckled, "I definitely would. It's fun to put others in a tight spot~ Especially myself, a challenge makes life less dull."

If others heard their conversation, they would certainly reckon that both parties were out of their minds.

"This place is really pretty, did we create this?"

"It's the realm of our souls. I am a scattered soul of yours, I could only contact you like this." 'Freya' smiled. "I can finally return to you."

"Oh, I see. So the system was part of my soul too right?"

"That's right." She nodded. "Make sure to protect them, okay? The reason I killed us, don't let it go to waste."

"I will don't worry."

"Time is ticking, I really want to chat more but we'll die if this goes on. We slept for quite a long time. The memories will return to you once we become one, you'll understand everything."

"Understood!" Freya went over and gave the other her a hug, "It's such a shame. I also wanted to talk to you more."

'Freya' pressed their foreheads together as it started glowing, "It's not like it's farewell. I'm you and you are me."

Freya let out a soft 'en'.

The blinding light made her shut her eyes. Once she reopened them, she saw multiple screens. Moments of her life flashed through her eyes.