53

"Happy birthday."

Arche pecked his daughter's forehead earning a grunt from her. Freya opened her eyes and adjust to the light. Seeing her father sitting beside her bed, she rubbed her eyes.

Freya's eyes curved as she smiled sweetly in return, "Thank you, papa."

She internally sighed, her father is still as handsome as ever but she wasn't going to lose in terms of appearance today.

Arche pulled her hands away from her eyes and frowned with disapproval. Her bad habits have not changed.

However, Arche could detect a shallow temper in her tone when she gave her gratitude. He let out a chuckle which Freya ignored. She proceeded to close her eyes again.

After that, she took another pillow of hers and covered her head with it, "If you don't mind, the birthday girl wants to sleep a little longer goodnight."

Arche shook his head with a helpless smile. He took the pillow away and said, "But everyone's waiting for you."

Freya didn't even bother to open her eyes, she mumbled with furrowed brows, "I told you I wanted a dinner, not a breakfast get-together."

Arche shrugged and patted her head, "They came here on their own accord, I stated it was a dinner gathering in the invitation. Go get ready."

Freya let out a low growl, like an annoyed beast. Arche laughed and went out. He knew she would still get up despite being so cranky in the morning.

As he predicted, she got up and headed to her closet after a few minutes he left. Freya chose a white knee-lengthed shirt dress, decorated with black jewels. It wasn't too formal but decent enough.

She took a quick shower and put on the long sleeve dress swiftly.

The maids helped her braid her hair into a mermaid braid that reached her waist. A tiara embedded with black diamonds was placed on her head, completing her look.

Even though she was breathtaking, the maids felt that this look lacked colour. Especially when it's her birthday. They added purple freesias into her braid which elevated the whole look to another level.

Freya didn't have much opinion about how she looked but the maids nodded in satisfaction. She ambled down to meet her friends and family.

The door to the dining hall opened, revealing her family and friends that she cherished. They all chimed simultaneously, "Happy birthday!"

Freya let out a chuckle, "Thank you all of you. I'm delighted that you guys are here. Although, I would've preferred it if you followed the time designated in the invitation."

Everyone started laughing at her statement and went back to eating.

No one took her too seriously, after all, it wasn't the first time. Freya didn't mind as well. She took a seat between Arche and Caiden and started stuffing herself with the fluffy souffle.

Caiden habitually picked all the berries from his plate and gave them all to Freya since it was her favourite.

He cooed gently and handed her a cup of warm rose tea, "Eat slower, you just woke up. Stuffing it down is bad for your stomach."

Freya nodded and slowed down. She no longer inhaled her breakfast like a black hole. Of course, Cinder saw this as an opportunity to steal his master's food.

Freya's aquamarine eyes narrowed when she saw her plate emptied by her little monster. Yet, her anger dissipated when she saw how cute Cinder was.

Arche noticed their little interaction and let the servants bring in two more servings through telepathy. One for Freya and one for Cinder.