51

Behind the doors, Freya clutched Luca's arms with a beautiful smile. Her eyes curved into a beautiful arc as she stared at her cousin.

She wore a silver hanfu alongside Luca. The hanfu was laced with thread made of silver and was beautiful on the pair. Freya had silver butterflies adorned on her cherry blossom hair, making her beauty peerless.

Usually, she would wear a white gown given her identity as the princess of the north. However, today she was Luca's partner for the coronation.

Freya let out a teasing chuckle as her brows raised in delight, "Brother, are you nervous?"

Luca's eyes softened but Freya could see the sadness hidden deep within, "To be honest, I am quite nervous."

The smile on Freya's face vanished. She could feel her brother's trembling hands. This wasn't the first big event that Luca participated in. But it was the first one without his father.

Freya's gaze turned as warm as the summer zephyr as she nuzzled her face against Luca's arm, "Don't worry, I'm here."

Luca's eyes widened as he met Freya's shimmering eyes before letting out a small sigh. How can she be loveable? She stuck to him like a little kitten trying to lift her owner's mood.

Luca pulled her into his embrace, "I'm fine because I have you. You're going to be here forever right?"

Freya paused momentarily but didn't delay her answer for long, "Of course, I'll always be with Brother Luca."

Even if you don't remember me, I'll make sure to stay by your side.

As the music sounded, they stepped into the banquet hall facing the crowd. The last coronation held was Oscar's when Freya was still a child.

Her eyes showed nostalgia, time passed so fast. She was going to reach her end soon again. No, it was a festive day! She can't be gloomy.

She let go of Luca and took a step forward, forcing out a radiant smile, "Today, I announce the crowning of the new Demon King of the West, Luca Jonathan Laphinia."

The ceremony took place and Luca gained the demon king's authority. The crowd let out cheers and cries of joy.

But there wasn't an ounce of happiness in Luca's heart. He felt empty. He wished that there was never the need for him to step up and take over the throne.

His eyelids drooped as he felt the new powers coursing through his veins. His eyelashes fluttered as his hands clenched.

Freya noticed the slight change in her brother's mood. A numb pain came from her heart, she couldn't bear seeing someone she treasured so much be in such pain.

She held his hand and gave it a squeeze. With a soft voice that only he could hear, she said, "Brother Luca, don't worry. Uncle will be back soon. I'll bring him back after the war ends."

Luca gazed at her in awe as she gave a grin. For him, it was a spring breeze that cleared the dark storm in his heart.

Originally, the process was supposed to take a few years but if everything goes according to her plan, reviving Andrew should only take a jiffy.

Freya swayed their hands back and forth like little children, "Brother, you can start thinking of how to scold uncle when he wakes up."

Luca felt joy flowing through his body but he wasn't stupid. Things were never as simple as she make them to be. Luca's brows knitted together, "Reviving father comes with a cost doesn't it."

Freya didn't show any emotions to confirm his words instead she looked at him right into his eyes, "Brother Luca is smart but don't worry, there are external sources that I plan to use. No harm shall come to me."