45

Everyone was gathered and in their seats. Freya's eyes stopped briefly when she saw Andrew's empty seat before proceeding to scan the whole room. Freya had Caiden cast a sound barrier before sitting down.

"I'm sure everyone has been busy and tired so I apologize for this sudden meeting. Especially Brother Luca and daddy."

Arche stood up and went over to her, "You don't look any better yourself."

Freya's eyes widened, she tried to make sure her tiredness didn't show. Little did she know, everyone in the room noticed her red-rimmed eyes from crying. This was something she overlooked.

Luca brought his little sister into a hug and stroke her head, "You had it tougher, didn't you? Caiden couldn't track where you were in the past two days."

"Right, that matter...I had to deal with a piece of shit. The culprit behind my uncle's death came to have a little chat with me. I wasn't able to overpower him, but luckily I wasn't killed," Freya stated with a frown as her clutch on Luca's clothes tightened.

Freya ushered her father and Luca back to their seat as she explained, "That's why we're having this meeting."

"From today onwards, I'll have to trouble all of you to carry out your daily activities in pairs. The twins will still be together, Uncle Oscar look after Auntie Sophia, Mason and Caiden will be a pair. Is this okay?" Freya might have asked but her tone allowed no arguments made.

"We're fine with it," Alistar answered.

Oscar has been very protective of Sophia after Andrew's death so he naturally agreed, "It doesn't change anything for me."

"As you wish, Master," Mason replied without hesitation.

"Next, Vivian, you'll stay with Brother Luca and James, you'll stay with dad-"

"Master, I want to stay with Luca."

The moment James interrupted her, the other Black Diamond members felt a chill down their spine. Freya hated people interjecting her when she talks.

However, Freya only took a sip of the tea in front of her and said, "I paired everyone up upon careful consideration of the range of attack as well as the compatibility of attributes. One wrong move and another person will die, I can't risk anything."

"I apologize."

Freya waved her hand casually, "That's fine. Make sure you sleep in the same room too. You can sleep on different beds though. Just don't leave each other."

"How about you?" Austin furrowed his brows. Everybody in the room had the same question in their heart.

"I'll be with Cinder. He'll inform all of you if I suddenly disappear." Freya answered nonchalantly, gaining a look of disapproval from the others.

"...He won't be able to protect you," Caiden stated with concern.

Freya's eyes softened, "It's exactly because Cinder doesn't pose a threat. Alexander doesn't like trouble so he'll likely find me when there's no one by my side.

However, if one of you is constantly beside me, worst case scenario, he will use you to threaten me. Plus, the power I retrieved is a wide-range attack, I'll have to fight him while being constantly anxious about your safety. That will only hold me back."

"Alexander? As in the Lord of the Heavenly Realm?" Sophia's eyes widened.

Freya smiled, "Yes. It's about time to tell all of you who I truly am. The members of Black Diamond had a brief explanation last time. I am an existence similar to Alexander, a higher being. I'm the Lord the governs the demon realm and at the same time, is the core of the demon realm."