58

Who am I?

It's dark, I feel lonely.

The girl lifted her heavy footsteps as she advanced towards the only source of light in this never-ending darkness. It's been days, months or maybe years. Yet no matter how much she ran, the light seemed to be getting further away.

Why am I here?

Her legs felt like they were burning from furious flames, as though they were needles pricking them with every step she took. Why did she have to suffer like this?

She tripped and fell to the ground, her eyes were wet with tears of agony. When did she start crying? Why was she so desperate to chase after that beam of hope? For whom?

Or has she committed an unspeakable sin? Was this hell?

A weak whimper escaped her lips, "Who am I?"

She had no memory since the moment she opened her eyes. She could remember the blurry silhouette but nothing more. She felt her heart clenching every time those hazy figures appeared in her mind.

She has to get back to them, they're still waiting. They're still waiting...but who were they?

Her eyes widened when her hands touched the ground, it was cold. A helpless laugh escaped from her dry lips, yeah the whole place was initially cold.

She weakly got off from the icy ground and started walking again. It was cold, freezing even. Would he drape a blanket around her if she told him? Who was he?

Her head buzzed in pain. Who were they?

Trapped in this darkness, will she ever get out?

Blood seeped out from her worn-out foot, and a trail of red was left behind her as she tried her best to drag herself out of this hellhole.

Her crimson blood froze as they shined as though they were crystals. It was a mesmerizing sight in the dark.

She was running at first but now she could no longer stand. She dragged her heavy body with her arms, like a mermaid that was caught on land. She couldn't stop, the light was getting further away.

The pain in her legs became numb, she bit her lips as she crawled toward her only hope. However, her arms eventually gave out.

She lay there panting as her sweat mixed with her tears. She was really drowned in darkness now, there was no light. She felt as though someone was digging her heart out.

She coughed out mouthfuls of blood from exhaustion, looking so pitiful and weak. Yet, there was no longer anyone beside her.

Something dear to her was lost. What was it?

"Have you been well?"

The voice made her tilt her head up, and the man in a white robe reached out to her. However, she remained in a daze. The cells in her body were screaming, she did not like this person.

She eyed the man warily from head to toe, "Who are you?"

The brief expression of shock on the man's face did not escape her eyes. His brows furrowed before realisation struck him. His eyes curved in amusement, "Your spell backfired. Huh, they love you so much that your spell couldn't alter their memories of you."

Confusion surfaced on Freya's countenance, what is this man talking about?

His firm voice rang in her eyes, "Putting that aside, from now on you'll be Fate."

Freya looked at him in confusion, "What?"

Fate didn't feel like explaining to a person with no prior knowledge. As if remembering something, he snapped his fingers, "You'll no longer have your sight after this. You're going to become blind. But you'll be able to see the world in another way."

Freya glared at Fate like he was crazy, this man popped out and said a bunch of shit. Now he's taking her sight away? If not for her weak state, she would've torn him to shreds.

The girl flinched slightly before the sphere of light dawned in front of her. She reached towards it carefully, everything she held dear...was in there?

The moment she touched the sphere, it shot right into her forehead. She screamed in agony as she held her head. It was excruciating!

Memories flashed through her mind, her father, her lover, her family and her friends. It was them, the ones whom she was trying to recall!

Tears flowed out from her aquamarine eyes, like crystals in the darkness. The spell she cast rebounded on her because of their strong desire to remember her. This was what Fate was trying to say.

Even though it would mean that they have to suffer the pain of losing her, they would never exchange the world for the priceless memories they have with her.

The former Fate chuckled beside her as he snapped his fingers, "You have yet to see how they reacted after your death."

A mirage appeared in front of her, showing the exact moment when her existence should've ceased to exist. Trepidation filled her heart.

The twisted faces filled with despair and desperation appeared in her view. A moment of silence was like the calm before the storm.

A piercing shriek from Vivian made Freya jump like a cat in shock, tears streamed down the woman's cheeks as she mumbled in disbelief, "She said it was going to be alright, she said she had everything planned out."

Arche was still staring at that very spot where his daughter crumbled into pieces and vanished into thin air. It was as though that was his heart that was gone.

Caiden's felt that everything was spinning. How many times does he have to lose her? She lied to him again and again. He felt their bond being broken, the bond that even death can't do apart.

His voice trembled and cracked as he sobbed, "Her soul is destroyed."

Luca's pupils shrunk, he couldn't believe how a person smiling at him just a few hours ago could disappear from his life forever. He mumbled falling into self-denial, "What do you mean her soul is destroyed? It can't be! It can't be..."

Andrew stared at the leaving butterflies, if this were the case, he didn't want to be revived at all. He just wants the good all days back, the days when Freya is with them.

Not a drop of tear fell from Mason's eyes, he only knitted his brows. However, Freya knew that the more saddened he was, the calmer he was bound to be. It was a habit of his to hide his burning emotions.

James kept wiping his tears away, how could he not remember anything at all before this all happened? He was an ancient demon for fuck sake.

Freya was expecting their reaction, a small emotionless chuckle escaped her lips. Her brows furrowed as tears swirled in her eyes, what was this emotion?

She felt happy because of how much they loved her but simultaneously was heartbroken by their pain. She closed her eyes knowing she would wake up to them again.

However, the girl knew her light aquamarine eyes were bound never to reflect those she loved the most, and only darkness awaited.

A/N: Hehe, I'm back everyone! Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the support as always.