54

Caiden looked at his sleeping lover in his arms as a sweet smile dawned on his face. His eyes turned pink as he gazed at Freya, how can someone be so pretty?

He couldn't resist his desires and laid a gentle kiss on her forehead, then her eyelids, her nose, her cheeks. The person in his arms opened her eyes with a slight frown and stared at him blankly.

Caiden cooed gently, "Did I wake you up?"

Freya nodded and nuzzled her face against his chest, preparing to go back to sleep. Caiden chuckled, she was like a little kitten.

Freya's voice was hoarse as she murmured with her eyes closed, "You're hard again."

Caiden patted her head, "It's morning, my love. You want to help me deal with it?"

Freya's brows scrunched up as she felt his hand creeping up her thigh. She shook her head furiously and pinched the back of his hand. Any more and she will die. She was the one who was supposed to go into heat.

However, Caiden's stamina really exceeded her expectation. She swore she saw the sun rising before passing out.

Recalling that, Freya opened her eyes and glared at him, "You beast."

Caiden didn't deny her words; instead, she started placing kisses all over her face, as if to quell her anger. Freya wasn't angry, but she was exhausted. She fell back to slumber pretty quickly.

It wasn't until noon that she groggily woke up, she looked around and saw no one. The place where her lover was supposed to be was empty.

Freya frowned and called out, "Caiden?"

There was no response. He should've gone to deal with his work. Freya was about to snuggle back into the pillow. However, something caught her eye.

A corner of a letter was left out in the drawer beside the bed. Her eyes gazed at the letter before reaching out for the drawer. Her gut feeling told her it was important.

Her aquamarine eyes widened, it wasn't only one letter. The whole drawer was packed as the letters sprung out. All of them had a soft pink envelope making the lavender one stand out.

She read out the words softly, "To Freya."

All of the letters were for her...

Her heart rate increased as she opened the lavender-coloured envelope. What did Caiden write for her? Freya's hands trembled as she read what he wrote.

Dear Freya,

My lovely princess, my fated partner, I miss you so much. I've been writing these letters that you can no longer receive for five years, I feel so lonely. There is not a day that goes by without me missing you.

My love, I am scared. As the days passed, I find it hard to remember your radiant smile clearly. You seem so far away. I love you so much that my system is fading your brilliance to protect myself from destruction. Yet the words that you said to me that day remain so prominent in my memories.

However, I cannot fulfil my promise to live on. I've tried these past five years but I came to a realisation, it was futile. Caiden's purpose, my purpose is to love you. If you're not here, I have no purpose.

I'll see you soon.

Freya gazed at the letter in her hands blankly, a wave of guilt washed over her. Her body started shaking uncontrollably.

The silent room was filled with Freya's sobs, tears gushed out of her eyes no matter how hard she tried to hold them in. This letter was written by him in his past life before he committed suicide.