Chapter 25

Chapter 25

As she rounds the corner, Jenny quickly holds on to the wall as if to support herself. Her legs had gone weak, and her heart felt like it was going to be rip out of her chest. Closing her eyes, she takes a deep breath to try to calm her racing heart. Few seconds later, feeling compose, she opens her eyes and it landed on the ring on her finger. She stares at it and wonders 'when did the world turn upside down.' From the moment she met Marc, she hated him and would curse him to oblivion. However, over their many interactions, she had started to think about him differently to the point of wishing they had met in a more civilized manner.

She was no Cinderella or Bella or even Sleeping beauty, her life was no fairy tale, so no matter how much her heart ache, she had to stay grounded to reality. However, Marc was proving it to be difficult. He made her think of a fairy tale sort of love with a happy ending. She was scared to let herself believe, but with his persistence, she was starting to think that it could be possible. She gave him three months to win her over and if she were to be honest with herself, she was honestly looking forward to it.

Another woman in her shoes, would start planning their revenge, or already think of ways of discrediting him, or worse. But from the moment he revealed to her what he did, she thorough fully thought about everything. It's not like she would not have been able to succeed on her own, but Marc working on the shadow had been more than helpful. The fact that he put so much effort, time and resources on her behalf, for a stranger he only met at a store, touched her heart.

Nothing would ever excuse his behavior, but she needed to think rationally, all he was asking was a chance, it's not like she would lose anything for giving it to him. She just hoped that it is not some sick joke, for she wouldn't know how she would handle it, if it were. Lost in her thought, she didn't feel Marc standing behind her, until she felt his touch on her shoulder.

"You're alright Jen?" he asks

Shaking herself out of her thoughts, she turns toward Marc, "yes I am fine, I was just thinking"

Marc searches her face, but she smiles, hoping that he would not dig deeper. He had a genuine worried look and unable to help it, she closes the distance between them and kisses his cheek "Thanks for worrying, but I am alright, not as alright as I should be, since I have to think of a way to make you pay for what you did, don't think you'll be out of the hook that easily"

Marc laughs and the sound of it resonated inside of her "Oh my Jenny," he says as he pulls her toward him in an embrace "you don't know how much I am looking forward of you finding of ways of getting back to me"

"Shouldn't you be worried?"

"Truthfully, I am a tiny little bit, but I am more curious, your reaction always brings me joy and laughter"

"Are you a masochist?"

"Woman, who are you calling a masochist? I have you known that I am no way close to that. You just bring out a side of me that I didn't know existed. I do extremely believe that you are my soulmate"

"You're getting too far ahead of you mister" says Jen as she pulled back from the embrace

Marc only grinned as they stare at each other, and he touches her cheeks. Both lost in each other gaze until they heard a throat clearing, snapping them out of their moment. Turning around, Jen sees that it was Alec, who had this indiscernible expression. Looking at Marc, then looking at her he asks, "Are you alright?"

"Yes Alec, I am, I was just getting ready to join you, how are things?"

Not really believing her, as he had witnessed their embrace and the way they were looking at each other, he simply says "Our guests are starting to arrive, and your presence is needed as you know it is almost time."

She nods, take one last deep breath and was about to step forward, when she felt a warm hand upon hers, looking down, she sees that its Marc and when she looks at him, he had a small smile. She could feel the support pouring out of him and felt no malice. In that moment, she knew that deep inside she had already fall for him but there was no way she'll admit it, not to him and not anytime soon. She couldn't make things easy for him. Feeling his hand lightly squeeze hers, she smiles and together they marched toward the door.

Alec watches the interaction between them and confirmed what he had suspiciously noticed. Jenny was fallen for Marc, and he had a pretty good idea of when it started to happen. Not wanting to linger on them for a fear he may overthink things, he follows them and promises himself to have a good chat with Jenny.

As they stepped into the restaurant, flashed of white light greeted them as photographers took picture after pictures, followed by a round of applause. Alec had told Jenny that the guests were starting to arrive, but she had forgotten to ask him just how many guests had arrived. The room was full of unknown faces starting from celebrities to businessman and woman and simple people. She had wanted to attract all social type, thus the reason why she had made the ticked available for all and had even created a VIP section for those who wishes for a quieter environment. To see it happened almost brought tears in her eyes.

Seen the emotional turmoil in his beloved eyes, Marc pulls her closer to him and wipes the tears that were threatened to fall. She looks at him and whispers "are you also behind this"

"As much as I would love to take credit for it, but no, it is not. It is all your doing, all the marketing plan you put forward has brought its fruit. I am seriously considering of hiring you as a marketing consultant. I am so proud of you Jen" says Marc as he smiles and gives her hugs, that action causing an uproar among the public as some whistle and others shouted.

Unbeknown to them, they had become quite the celebrities for all ages of people. Their stories were number one trending on yahoo news, google news, twitter and many other sites. Every day, people were waiting for a piece of their stories. Among the woman population, they were divided as some found that Marc was like a knight in shining armor while others distastefully hated how he woos Jenny and thought him to be egocentric. As for the men's population, some had brought a notebook as to note down every single information they could get, and others tried to imitate him, but failed miserably.

It was an endless list of gossips, sights and dreams, but as they stepped into the restaurant, everyone had only one thing to say 'there was no mistaking Marc feelings' for as he gaze at Jenny, even a child could see and feel the love pouring out of him. The gossips were surely going to be filled with remarks.

Both Marc and Jenny were unaware of the extent of their popularity, as Marc never one to pay attention to what's trending in the celebrity's column and Jenny been too busy in the past couple of months as to check out her social site.

Looking at Jenny once more, Marc asks "are you ready?"

With joy in her heart, Jenny looks at him and nods and together, hands in hands they walked around the restaurant greeting their guests and receiving compliments.