One Thing About It...

As soon as you got home you planned to burn the poem and throw it away. What he said in that poem was trifling and quite honestly, instead of making up, you wanted to forget about last night and forget about him. You stormed into your apartment. Nobody was there. Tyler went back to work and Daysha was around town, probably. The girl never liked staying in one place. The girl never even went home.

You sighed loudly and put the poem on the counter. You would deal with it after you showered. You went to your room, got your clothes and a towel, and went to the bathroom. You turned the know to a heat that a little more hot that your usually hoping it would wash of your sins and pain, or condemn you for them. You put on your haircap. You hopped in.

You scrubbed your neck and collarbone, attempting to wash off Jacobys marks. He talks so much shit about needing to leave you to teach you a lesson but at the same time can leave so much shit behind. And so much shit with you so it's harder for you. You washed the rest of your body and got out.

You put on your clothes and didn't even use the towel. You hope you got sick so you didn't have to go to work after the bullshit Jaylen tried to pull on you. It was sooo embarrassing. You grabbed the note from off your counter and grabbed a lighter. You went out to the balcony and closed the slide door. You lit the lighter and put it next to the paper.

You put it next to the paper.

You put it next to the paper AND...

Of course you hesitated. You dropped your head. "This is insufferable." You mumbled. You then took a deep breath, shot your head up, and connected the lighters flame to the paper. The paper started to harbor a large flame until it sizzled to little line of ash. It slowly burned and died out, only the last of the poem was there.

A Kings bed with no king there.

That line peirced your eyes. You looked up to the sky and shouted. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" Others on their balcony looked at you.
"What the fuck yall bitch asses lookin at? Ain't nothing to see here." You said quietly. You went back inside and stuffed the remaining peice of the poem in your pajama pocket. You then went back to your room and began to clean it up a little. As in rid everything that even reminded you of him and Jaylen.

Which would be almost everything that wasn't a necessity. Jaylen would mostly leave his shit there. Watches, chains, and old shirts and underwear. One thing about Jaylen was all his jewelry was real, he didn't play. So incase one of them diamond testers and him ever meet they can't say nothing. But there was one thing about you too... you always could use extra money. Being a mechanic ain't for the weak. It ain't for the broke either.

You decided to sell his jewelry at a lawn shop. You kept telling him to take his shit home. That's on him for not listening.

Jacoby on the hand, he kept shit there instead leaving shit there. Your house was like a second home to him. Actually to all of them. But most of the things he had there were gifts to you. One thing about Jacoby was he loved to shop. And not just for himself, but for others too. And he especially loved shopping for you.

You wouldn't consider yourself fashionable. You were too focused on your passion for the racetrack. And Jacoby took on the role of helping you take care of yourself.

Spoiling you as well.

At first it was glasses and hats he thought would look good on you, you worked in the sun all day, even when you had that job with Jaylen. Then it was shirts and pants, since he started to see you have holes in your clothes from ripping them when you were lost in your work.

But he took care of it for you and even bought outfits you probably would never wear. But just incase you wanted to get your of your comfort zone at least his influence could be there.

When you first became anemic you hated taking Iron pills, you said it made you feel old and they tasted like shit. You didn't keep up with it on the daily so you had no right to be surprised when you passed out from a workout.

After that Jacoby made sure you always took your pills. He'd text you, he'd replenish your supply so you'd never have to do it yourself.

Tool kits and single wrenches he bought you, just so you could keep pursuing. He put in more into you than your own parents. And your parents loved you, they just weren't a fan of their daughter doing a "man's" job.

And that was with everything in your relationship. He didn't mind, he enjoyed it. But when it started to creep on him that you relied a bit too heavily on him and it began to hinder you, he could do it no longer.

You decided to keep the pants and shirts you liked or could use for work and put everything else in a bag. And honestly you were tired of thinking about it. Just like that you turned and walked out of your room.

You went to the garage and decided change up the cars interior. Royal blue was gonna be this month's color.

You took out the carpets and took the covering off the seats. You switched everything out. New you, new interior.

After you finished you looked at the time. It was 10:00. Daysha sent you a text she wasn't coming over tonight and Tyler sent you some pictures that he touched down in Toronto. You replied to the both of them as you realized you weren't tired. If they were texting in the groupchat they would've been able to tell something between you and Jah is going on.

You decided to go to the garage you had bought a long time ago and where you go to work on other people's cars independently. You had some cars in the garage you didn't need to give back until next week but since you were bored, you decided to work on them anyway. They were paintjobs so you would need your spray paint to work on it. The rest of supplies was there.

You looked in the garage for the paint and then it dawned on you that Jacoby borrowed them for his house. "Ahhhh Fuck." You said. Now you were conflicted. Do you get new paint? Naw, it's too expensive. Do it another day? No, you weren't gonna finish if you didn'tdo it now.

You grabbed your car keys and got in the car. You made sure you still had his house keys. You hoped he wasn't home so you can just go in, get your paint, and get the fuck out.

You drove to his house and parked down the street. You walked to his house in the dark of night. It was safe to do so, he lived in a good neighborhood. You walked up to his front door and checked for lights. Damn, they were on. You knocked on the door. No answer. You knocked again. You heard someone yell. "Bro, whoever is at my fucking door needs to go away, I'm not playing." He said.

Taking offense to that you BANGED on the door. Even though you had the key, you wanted to annoy him. If he didn't take your shit this wouldn't be a fucking problem right now. You heard him storm up to the door and swing it open. "BRO WHO THE FU-" He looked down to see you. His clothes were a mess, it was obvious he had someone up in there. And you saw you were right as you saw a brownskinned woman in a robe right behind him.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the door. "What is it?" He said in a calm voice. There wasn't any anger or harshness, but there was hella distance. "I'm just here to get my paints. I would've called but I'm blocked apparentl." You said. He nodded. "Ok, come in." He said. You passed him and walked in. You passed the girl, who kinda looked pissed her fun time was interrupted, and went to his room. You opened the bag you gave it to him in and picked up the paints that were scattered around his room. After that you got out. Jacoby was still at the door, back towards you.

But before you could even walk past the girl you heard Jacoby yell, "Nig- YOLANDA TAKE YO ASS BACK HOME!" Yolanda came up to him, looking at her phone. "Nigga, you know I don't like it there. I would be wit N/N but she looked so sad this morning. I think she need some space... Oh Hey Gurl!" She said as she looked up and saw you.

She came into the house and sat her purse down before heading into the kitchen. Jacoby closed the door and came back inside. "Yall gotta go." He said calmly. You nodded and headed towards the door. "Nawwwwww, homegirl is the one who need to go. This is a sleepover for besties only." Yolanda said. You opened the door.

"I'm out, I'll talk to you later Yolanda..." you said. Yolanda sighed and sipped on some wine. "You ain't gon say bye to her? No love you?" She asked Jacoby. He sighed. "I love you. Sleep well N/N..." He said looking at you. It didn't seem like he didn't mean it but he knew you. You nodded. You wish you could tell him you hate him but he got the message as your rolled your eyes.

One thing about it was that one didn't say anything, then the other wouldn't either.