The In-Laws (NSFW)

(BRO WTF. WATTPAD JUST DELETED LIKE HALF OF THIS FUCKING CHAPTER AFTER I PUBLISHED IT.)

The next week, Connie's parents came into town and moved in. You had decided to wait a that week before moving back into your apartment to make sure that Connie would be decent living on his own. Connie's memory recovery had been doin amazing, so much to the point where he was remembering small things, like what news stations he had to meet with pre incident, and what kind of shoes he was wearing before he changed into his racing uniform at the race. So it made you a tad bit insecure and you decided that maybe you should give him space and if needed, give up on him remembering you guys, the part, now that you realize, was probably the most hidden part of his identity.

You hadn't told Jacoby anything about your insecurities and you didn't tell him that you were planning to move back home in the next week, so you can mentally, physically, and emotionally take care of and prepare yourself for the start of World Cup that was coming up in about the next 5 weeks. And you surely hadn't told him about the anxiety that constantly being around his parents brought you.

The first day had been ok. They came in the nighttime after bad weather postponed their flight all day. They were tired when Jacoby had picked them up from the airport so they pretty much had greeted their son, unpacked their bags, washed themselves, and headed off to bed. You couldn't catch much of their personality from that so you assumed they were chill and thought you were being over dramatic.

But today is Day 2, and you woke up to hearing a loud knock on your bedroom door. (I'm using Google translate, don't judge me 😭)

"BUENOS DIAZ! MI HIJO TIENE HAMBRE Y NECESITA COMIDA!" ( GOOD MORNING! MY SON IS HUNGRY AND IN NEED OF FOOD!) Connie's mom said as she banged on the door. You hear light footsteps up the stairs and hear Connie's voice. "Detente mamá, puedo hacker mi propia comida, déjala descansar!" (Stop mama, I can make my own food, let her rest!) you heard in a whisper yell. "Jezi, ede m" you whispered as you put a pillow over your head.

If these were regular elder's coming to your home, you would have no trouble ignoring them because you didn't care enough... but these were your in-laws. You suddenly felt the urge to make a good impression.

As Connie and his mom continued to argue, you got out of your bed and did the walk of shame to the door. You had no idea what they were saying, you were kinda scared to ask although you had no idea what Connie had said about you to his parents. You opened the bedroom door. "Good morning." You yawned as you rubbed your eyes. Today was a Saturday afternoon you literally had been working for 14 hours straight yesterday with no break, just to get here to greet his parents yesterday.

"Son las 8 de la mañana, ¿Por qué no te has levantado y cocinado todavía? Se supone que eres el cuidador de mi hijo. ¿Es por eso que se ha vuelto más delgado? Lo has estado matando de hambre?" (Its 8 in the morning, why havent you gotten up and cooked yet? Youre supposed to be my son's caretaker. Is this why hes gotten skinnier? Have you been starving him?)

You raised a brow and looked at Connie for translation.

Connie clapped his hand over his face. " Mamá, ella no habla español. Ahora, por favor, dejémosla en paz." (Mama, she doesnt speak spanish. Now please, lets leave her alone.)
You were feeling kinda awkward, knowing she was talking to you and you couldn't even understand her, although you know she speaks English since you seen it at the hospital.

Connie's mom crossed her arms and gave Connie an angry look. "She doesn't know how to speak Spanish?!" She snapped her head to you. You couldn't help but crack an embarrassed smile, hoping that Connie would calm her down. "Where's your family from, niña?" You smiled awkwardly and hoped she wasn't gonna trip. "...Haiti." You squeaked out.