The Friend Zone. (NSFW)

When you got home and you hit that bed, not the boogie man himself could not wake you.
You made sure your house door was locked with the chain too, since you were still a little spooked with your encounter with Jaylen and you texted Jacoby before putting your phone on silent. But although the boogie man couldn't wake you, he sure as hell could still visit you in the dream realm.

Back when y'all were still in high school, and you met Jaylen for the first time and Jacoby met Yaina, that was the big fight that you and Jah had. You were chill with Yaina, and you were happy for Jacoby finally meeting somebody he cared for romantically. Now that you looked back, you were a little jealous but you kept it under wraps. However Jacoby had no problem making it known that he DID NOT LIKE JAYLEN.

When you wanted to go on double dates, he'd always say no and completely clown on Jaylen with or without him being present. Whenever you'd rant about how nice and cool Jaylen was, Jah would say he didn't give a damn and completely shit on your feelings about him.

At the time, Jaylen hadn't done anything deserving of Jacoby's treatment towards him. But Jacoby didn't care, he did what ever he could to get Jaylen as far away as he could. He'd make up lies about him, get in him in other situations with other women, shit, he straight up bullied him.

And one day you got tired of his bullshit and snapped.

You never got angry at somebody enough to hit them up until that point. As soon as Jacoby saw shit was gonna get physical he had t do something about it. Jacoby was the kind of nigga who believed that a man should not beat on a woman, but if you got to defend yourself, you do what you gotta do. And that's exactly what he did.

You ended up with a sprained wrist and a dislocated pinky. And you and Jacoby didn't talk for a month. You blocked him on everything and he did the same in return. You didn't understand why he couldn't see that Jaylen was the first person to find an interest in you romantically, instead of trying to play you like Jah did, and Jah didn't understand why you would lay your hands on him over some nigga who is less than you're worth.

You probably would have never admitted it back then, but other than sports, Jaylen was ordinary. Ordinary grades, no plans for the future, no dreams, no goals, no skill, and Jacoby felt he couldn't hold a candle to you. Jacoby had always been superficial and materialistic. He had high standards. From the clothes he'd wear, to the tools he'd use to tattoo and pierce . Even in the shit he smoked, he wanted high quality and perfection. Kinda like how you are with your cars.

But he made sure to hold y'all to the same standard as well. He didn't want anyone connected to him below him and didn't want anyone connected to those people below them. At least that's what he said, but you Yolanda and Tyler came to the conclusion that he was jealous. Eventually Jacoby showed up to your home and apologized. You learned later that Yaina put him up to it and that's when you and Yaina got closer.

You woke up from your slumber.

Oh how times have changed.

You looked down at your phone that buzzed and buzzed. You picked it up. An unexpected voice passed to your phone. "Hello, is this N/N, I mean Y/N? It's Yaina." She said in a nervous voice. You hung up the phone. You took your ass right back to sleep. If she really wanted to talk, she could talk to you tomorrow. And you could handle whoever gave her your number tomorrow too since everybody and they mama want to work at your job.

Meanwhile, Jacoby went to go pick up Yaina from Daysha's. The drive home, Jacoby couldn't keep his hands off of Yaina, and she couldn't keep her hands off of him. By the time they got in the house, they only thing that was still on was Jacoby's pants. Yaina had been completely undressed and marked up.