MATERNAL INSTINCT

*Insert Evil Laugh*

Yaina's POV:

I watched them sit in silence after Y/N uttered the words. I cried in silence when I heard her utter the next.

"But I won't share you with Yaina, so if you choose Yaina I will completely step away. For good." She said.

Jacoby looked down at his hands. He fumbled his hands as he weighed his options. Common sense would tell you to be with her. But it upsets me that after all these years she was realized as an option.

All these years we fought over her importance, her influence, the way Jacoby was infatuated with her existence, simply for being one of the woman that he could look at and simply be inspired by her smile. For that same woman to play the jealousy card and say that his love for her compared to me is withdrawn and shallow, is blasphemous.

He may have harbored me if he made me cry, but he never hushed those pestering thoughts. If it all came down to it, would you choose me or her? Now I'll know. And it'll all be over.

But Jacoby I want you.
Please, you're the only person who might want me too.

I want to slap the window to stop this conversation.
I want to bust down this door so I can finally catch my bouquet.
I want you to need me.
I NEED TO BE WANTED.

who else? what else would ever want me if you don't?

Jacoby held her hand and brought it up to his face. He kissed her hand and rested it against his face.

I can barely hear a word they're saying.

Tell her that you need me!
TELL HER I NEED YOU, JAH, DONT LEAVE ME! Please- anything- anything I'll do it, just please.

Thoughts run through my mind in a dash. Time seems to freeze. Is there anything? Anything I can use? How do I stop this? How do I get her away from him??

Narrator POV:

"But she needs me, N/N. I won't leave her behind."
Every time your stupid ass says that,
it makes me want to wed you both at your funeral.
I be wanting to kill you myself.
She's an obsessive, manipulative, addict
Who has a need for controlling others when she has no self control.

You think she'll choose you over the drugs?
She ain't ever sober. Almost like she's against it. Like she's ANTI.
And even if she does, she'll just become more obsessed with you.
Over you, this whole relation with be the death of you.

My Uncle told me once that nobody is better than nobody.
Everybody has their vice.
Everybody is addicted to something and we can't play God and choose which is worse.

I wonder what'll happen if she finally see through the powder.
When she realizes loving in ignorance gives a better kick.
When she realizes love can give her real life superpowers.
When she gets even crazier than you get with this shit.

I wanna stay away from you, but I'm also an addict.
Having a friend who takes me as a sidekick not a side chick.
Im no better, I puff dreams in my broken mechanISMS.
Let God decide who's worse or better, Her ANTI or my ISMS.

-Y/N L/N

Yaina busted through the door. Her mind races as she thinks of what to say. As it comes to her she makes eye contact with you. For a split second, her face shows a deep remorse. Any chance of reconciliation between the two of you was now gone.