For When it Hurts. I Love You- Connie pt.3

(This Chapter contains Homophobia, mentions of Religous Trauma)

The Team Representing the United States in the XXTIV BRAND World Cup is...

TEAM CRUZ FROM FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA!!!

You had barely, just barely made it to 7th place, and it was only because Eren was driving reckless but you were used to it and others weren't. Yoshii got 3rd, Eren 5th, you 7th.

You had called Sasha on the way to the hospital since Jacoby either turned his phone off or it died and you couldn't get a hold of him. Everything hurt. Your body, Your mind, your spirit, your soul. It just hurt and you had no idea how to make it stop.

Your team left immediately after the win and packed up to head to the hospital. You were shaking and began to cry, now that you let yourself, now that you could go up to him and say that you won.

Yaina and Eugene rode with Daysha so they could give you the privacy to be vulnerable. You rode with Eren and Yoshii. Eren driving, Yoshii holding you in the backseat.

When you guys got there, suited up, still having all the dirt and debris on you from the track, the smell of it filling the hospital lobby, they told you that Connie would be fine and that he should be out of surgery soon. You dropped to your knees and cried as you held onto the poem that Connie had wrote you and gave to you the day before all of this mess. You had read it on your way in hopes to find some comfort in all of this, and now that you knew he'd be ok, you could find a bit of it.

But for now, you cried.

As an apology, for disassociating. As a wake up call, that anyone, anybody you could lose at any second, just to balance the role you play as the teammate, and the role you play as the girlfriend. Knowing you would never be at peace if he did die cus you chose to play both.

Eren rubbed your back as he cried with you, while he was being held my Mikasa, you wouldn't let him rest his head on the ground and use her thighs instead.

When you could get up, you immediately asked for Jacoby. Sasha led you to him. She had mentioned that he wouldn't let anyone console him, and that he wanted to be left alone. You had imagined that he probably felt like it was his fault that he couldn't stop him from racing and it was his fault he couldn't stop you. And you didn't want him to feel any such thing.

You finally got to him. He had his head on his knees as he sat on the chair. He rocked himself back and forth as he mumbled to himself and clenched and unclenched his fists. You heard his sobs from across the room as you saw the durag off his head and the shades off his face and the rings off his fingers, all stacked on the chair next to him.

You slowly went up next to him, you didn't make a peep. You looked at his phone, it was dead. It was still warm, very warm, like he had just let go of it. You got on your knees. and touched his arm. You were still shaking and crying yourself but Jah? You had never seen him like this, looking like he would rip himself open if he could.

Jah snatched his hand away.

"*snifffff* p-please just- *huff* - just call N/N and tell me if my bab- baby is ok. I-I need *snifff* pleasee." He blubbered.

You lifted his face. His eyes widened. And with what was left of his strength, he sat up. You stood up, even though you could barely stand because of the migraine you had gotten from all the crying and the heat you've been out in all day.

He pulled you on top of him and laid his head on your chest as he held you. He had finally calmed himself down. Maybe because you were there to comfort him. Maybe because he thought you were the only one he had left and he had to be gentle.