The Ride Out

The next morning, Yoshii quietly knocked on Connie's room door, the room Jacoby and Yaina was sleeping in. He then opened the door after he heard a small, deep, mumble indicating for him to come in.

"Good morning, it's time to get up... we have to be at the airport by 8:00 because the plane leaves at 11." Yoshii explained as Jacoby sat up and he shook Yaina softly. Thankfully for Yoshii but unfortunately for Yaina, they were completely dressed.

She and Jah hadn't exactly made up. She couldn't tell what he was thinking because he wouldn't talk to her. He didn't talk outside the necessary and always fell back on nothing being wrong. And although there wasn't any exactly wrong, there wasn't anything exactly right either. And they'd never been at a point in their relationship where they were too stumped to talk it out.

Jacoby got up from the bed and grabbed a towel from his suitcase, then headed out of the room and into yours to wake you up. You were laying on your side and he came from the other. "Get up mama..." he said as the warmth of his hand on your hip and stomach and rubbed you. You murmured a little before you eyes opened slightly and you turned to see who it was. "Jah..." you said in a froggy voice. You were half asleep so you had no idea what was going on.

You thought it was still the middle of the night and everybody was asleep. You was about to pull a move (with your horny ass) but Jah told you again. "Wake up, we gotta go." He said. You grunted and sat up. Jacoby took your shirt and wiped the drool off you face. "Are we going to meet at the airport?" He asked. You looked at him confused.

"Eugene baby, you gotta go pick up Eugene." He said. "Oh... yeah, I'll meet yall at the airport." You said. Jah nodded and took his stuff to the shower. Connie had multiple bathrooms and Yoshii already got dressed up. Yaina would of course share the bathroom with Jah so you had the bathroom all to yourself.

You checked the time, 5:30 in the morning. Top of the morning. You got in the shower, got changed, brushed your teeth, wrapped your hair and put your suitcase in your car.

Jacoby was waiting for Yaina to get ready and Yoshii was making coffee for himself. Cuban coffee and you didn't want no part in that.

"Yo, I'm finna head out a little early. I got to talk to his people. I'll meet yall at the airport." You yelled. Yoshii said ok and Jah nodded as you saw him come down the stairs. You wanted to ask him if he wanted to come with you since you felt anxious about it. But Jacoby looked at you and shook his head. "That's a talk yall owe to eachother and it should be kept between you and him." Jacoby said. You sighed in defeat and walked out the door.

On your drive there, you practiced what you were going to say, how you were going to say, and you also practiced what you were NOT going to say, more specifically about your feelings with Yaina. You felt like it wouldn't be right to just blurt out his mama is a drug addict and probably doesn't care about him and it was better to let him form an opinion on his own. To be there for him if he needs it instead.

So you got to his suburban home in Wellington, parked right next his fathers white Mercedes and took a moment to think. This is the life he owns. It's his. You did the best think you could have and nothing, not a person, not a single soul could tell you different to try and take that away from you, including Eugene himself.

You got out of the car, walked up to his door and knocked before you went in. They always kept their door unlocked. What a privilege. You were instantly greeted by Eugene's parents Micheal and Daina.

"Oh hiiii, Eugene is upstairs grabbing the last of his things. Come in, come in." Daina said she invited you inside,  Micheal poured you some coffee as she sat you on the couch.

As you sat on the couch Micheal handed you a mug and sat down next to you. Micheal's old ass was always lowkey flirting with you but you never cared enough to make a fuss. As long as he didn't touch you.