EON CH 40

EDWARD'S ROOM.

1774, NOVEMBER 28th, MONDAY 6:10 am.

Noche and co entered a hallway-like room with a wooden desk and a crimson, regal chair. The wallpaper was divided horizontally in the middle with two colors. A profound, royal purple above and a blistering orange and yellow, vertically striped pattern below; the yellow strips contained vine-like embellishing.

Along the purple section of the wall were various wall-mounted candelabras with unusual violet flames that follow every other yellow strip in proportional spacing. It gave the atmosphere a combination of exciting and draining.

The table was clear except for a single brass nameplate labeled President Edward. Beyond the table and the chair was a massive wall-sized painting of the man himself. In front of the desk was a tall camera that faced the two pieces of furniture.

This was the room where Noche and her grandfather were introduced to their kidnapper.

This is the room where Edward declared war on every TV in the world.

This was the room where Noche was decapitated.

"The place where it all started," the blonde said. "The place where DeathTech ruined my life three times."

Something moved in the corner of Noche's eye. She turned to face it, but it was gone.

"Guys... You don't think that thing followed us in here, do you?"

Vida shrugged. "My drive's like a radar. A big bubble of air and I can sense everything that air touches. If it's here, I'll sense it."

"Bruh, what the fuck."

Noche turned to Mary, approached, and gasped. On the seat of the chair was Edward's face. As if it had been skinned off. Dried blood and muscle fibers visible on the bits of flesh that curled upward.

>>> 40: ADD ARTWORK OF EDWARD'S SKIN MASK <<<

Shaylin held in a gag. "G-Grody."

"There's more," Mary whispered.

Under the chair was a slump of skin and flesh. A deflated doll of biological matter. Puddles of veins and muscle. It was a suit of skin. Edward's skin.

"Whaaaaat the fuuuuck," Noche muttered.

"Gee golly gosh, is that a flash drive?"

Shaylin pulled out a memory stick from the camera. She walked over to the disk as prismatic energy gathered. In a flash, a laptop was created. Noche's eyes went wide, Mary's mouth stammered open, Boots froze.

"Bruh — did you? Is that?"

"Does it function?'' Boots asked.

Shaylin pressed the power button and plugged in the flash drive.

"Does what now?" Shaylin smiled. "Oh, the laptop. Yes it works fine silly."

"Bruuuuh."

Tak crinkled his forehead and turned to Jack, who shrugged. Alice didn't react and Vida was picking her nose.

"What? Why is everyone staring at me?" Shaylin chuckled.

"I'm not," Vida interjected.

"You. Just. Created. A. Laptop," Mary said. "Not just a pre-programmed robot, which is already fucking insane, but a full-fledge computer!"