EON CH 46

BLACK KNIGHT GREAVES.

1774, NOVEMBER 28th, MONDAY 7:08 am.

Noche grit her teeth as her attack cut thin air at the last moment. Raven leaned back to avoid the attack; both hands in his pockets.

"Really? Did you really think someone like you could hurt me?"

A small part of his mask fell open, revealing a small cut on his cheek. Blood dripped down the wound and Noche grinned. The bird of death raised his thumb to his cheek and wiped away the red liquid.

"That proud of a scratch?"

"Poison only needs a scratch," Noche growled.

The blonde didn't wait for a response. With one arm she attacked in a barrage faster than lightning. For once, Raven was on the defensive. He dodged and evaded each attack as if he was predicting her moves – seeing them in advance.

Noche bit her lip as she fought the man. His movements were agile, precise, and unnaturally graceful. The bird of death moved almost like General Rust. Like a sword master.

It seemed as if he knew where and when to dodge because his skill with the blade was far beyond hers. Her only benefit was her drastic increase in speed. She moved as fast as he could now and if she maintained the offensive there was a chance she could slip past his guard.

Waves of violet, magnetic energy appeared at Raven's feet. He was lifted into the air by two metal umbrellas. Hurricane winds surrounded Noche and sent her skyward after him. She was unwilling to relinquish the advantage so the two flew through the room.

Noche unleashed attack after attack but could land no serious blow. As time went on that desert surrounded her. It ate away at the metal cage that was this room. Sand fell around the blonde, threatening her as its next meal.

"I can't lose, I CAN'T LOSE!" she thought. "I can't go back there – I won't. Not that desert. Not that literal nothingness."

Raven dodged another swing – a trail of sand followed the sword. Noche's eyes widened as the crumbling substance slipped between her fingers. Fell off the yellow man's shoulders and limbs. The room itself had become one large hourglass and she was running out of time.

"If I fail, I can't move forward – that desert will catch up to me. It's always creeping forward, I have to keep moving," she thought. "I can't fail here, I won't!"

Elsewhere, in the center of the solar system, a white door was hidden in the center of the sun. Beyond that door was a blackened room with faint golden specks of light. In this room floated a cracked white orb.

It shuddered and the cracks spread; a pinhole developed in Noche's left eye.

With a growl, Noche slammed herself into the wall and popped her shoulder back into place. Suppressing a scream she flexed her fingers; her left arm was working again. She vanished and appeared behind raven – her ultra greatsword raised in the air with both hands and coated in crackling Dead Light Canon energy.

Violet energy surrounded the sword and it froze in place; Noche's biceps swelled and the magnetism shattered – the sword came down. An explosion of salt water, hurricane winds, and gold lightning filled the room.

Raven jump back as the three elements clung to him. He was scratched up, but not wounded. Prismatic energy surrounded the area he retreated to.

"Dead light cannon, barrage!"