--- LAST BOOK RECAP ---

SHORT VERSION.

As a four year old child, Noche and her grandfather are kidnapped by DeathTech. Thirteen years later Noche escapes, but loses her memories in the process. She is also traumatized from her time in a desert and develops a fear of literal nothingness. Noche's goal is to recover her memory and to do that she is trying to join the Cross military so she has access to their resources.

When its time for the entrance exams Noche fails. Unable to make progress towards her goal she relives being stuck in the desert, so Noche commits suicide to escape the trauma. However she learns death isn't an escape from her fears and upon waking back up vows to never fail again.

From there she goes on three missions where she meets Tak De Leon, an immortal, Vida S. Ember, her rival, and Boots Starnight, a childhood friend. Afterwards she goes on a date with a boy named Varen Fisher, however he breaks up with her over phone later. During all this time Noche is training like crazy so she can become undefeatable.

Near the end of the year Cross is having its holiday party when Edward Death, the leader of DeathTech, sends a live broadcast globally. He declares world war and sends countless nukes everywhere, however each one is stopped. Alas, the nukes were a distraction and explosions go off regardless due to his powerful birds of death.

Edward is so confident in his ability to defeat Cross that he sends an envoy, Boots Starnight, to lead the Cross military towards DeathTech's home base. As this occurs, Noche vows that she will kill Edward Death.

LONG VERSION.

Our story begins when a four-year-old Noche and her grandfather Professor Grim are kidnapped by DeathTech. She spends her childhood there, but at some point ends up comatose with amnesia. When she awakes, she manages to escape DeathTech, but in the process takes a serious head injury.

Regaining consciousness Noche finds herself lost in a desert. The barren landscape combined with her loss of memories simulates pure nothingness and its too much for her. She has a mental breakdown and gains an intense fear of literal nothingness. Three days pass before she is rescued by General Dreg and President Medusa; leader of the Cross military.

Noche is brought back to Cross HQ where she begins to recover. There she makes a new friend, Elliot Cherries, and he helps her find a reason to keep living. Noche decides she wants to remember her past.

Cherries reveals Noche is a create user, a person who can use an energy called drive to create stuff almost out of thin air. However, he also reveals that create users are restricted to the small prison continent Noche currently finds herself on. The only way to leave is by joining the Cross military.

Noche begins training for the military's entrance exams. In her attempt to gain more experience, she sneaks onto one of General Dreg's missions. Once caught, her punishment is to catch a create terrorist named Timmy Timebomb. Despite how much she improved, Noche loses her fight. In addition, a mega bomb goes off on camera, reflecting poorly on Cross's already bad reputation.

During which, Mr. Starnight meets with his sister Spark and the two get into an argument; both think Noche is dead. Meanwhile, Edward Death, the leader of DeathTech, visits Professor Grim to check on the condition of his nuclear missiles.

At the same time, Medusa has to defend Dreg's action to the United Government and the Planet Lance Cult's leader Boxy Love. Finally, as this is all going on, MoveCity is celebrating its seventh anniversary and its leader Raptorman is overjoyed to see Cross blunder so spectacularly.

After the explosion dies down, Dreg catches the terrorist to save face. He orders a DriveMetal box that siphons away all drive and prevents Create. The terrorist reveals he used create to steal medicine to help his old man.