EON CH 41

A SINGLE D.T. SOLDIER.

1774, NOVEMBER 28th, MONDAY 6:15 am.

Everyone stood in a massive dome of a room. It was fifty feet in diameter, thirty feet high, and every inch of it composed of packed dirt. Magpie floated in the center of the room — yet she did not move. She was frozen in place, frozen in time, and stayed motionless above the ground. Locked in place above the floor.

The girl had short pink hair and wore blue pajamas with shiny yellow stars. The sleeves extended far beyond her hands and feet; at almost twice the length, they appeared more like tentacles. Her skin was pale white and appeared as cold as ice.

"Well, that's an unnerving sight," Noche said. "This place is starting to freak me out — but we came this far and I'm not leaving without Spark. We press on."

"Y-You sure this is a good idea Noche?" Tak stammered. "Edward is specifically looking for you."

"I don't... But I said I'd save Spark. If I leave now, I'd fail," she scowled. "And I will never fail again."

"Noche, look!" Jack shouted.

She did and a second later summoned her Omni-Oar. A DeathTech soldier stood guard by the elevator. Shaylin was quick to create her axe, Tak his shield, and Mary her butcher knife. Alice, Vida, and Boots did not react.

Neither did the soldier for that matter —  it stood there locked in place; frozen in time.

"Stasis," Boots said. "That's Magpie's signature move."

"S-Signature move?" Tak asked.

Boots shrugged. "Owl has recycle, Vulture consumes, Dove uses swap, and Falcon has banish."

"Gee golly gosh, so they show off their powers in a fancy way... Like Noche."

"H-Hey!"

Boots nodded. "Magpie uses her matter manipulation to prevent things from moving."

"So they're locked in place bruh?"

Mary walked over to the motionless soldier and stared. After a moment, she reached out her hand to touch it.

"I wouldn't do that," Boots said.

She retracted her hand.

"In case you didn't notice, Magpie is sleeping," he said. "She's not actively using her power — so the slightest disturbance could free that soldier."

"That sounds like freeze tag," Shaylin smiled. "When she's sleeping, you can't be moved until tagged."

Boots turned to her, opened his mouth, and closed it as his eyes scanned the corner of the room. "That... Is a little accurate."

"Limitation?" Alice asked.

"Physical fatigue," Boots paused. "And Magpie has to touch you."

"IT IS FREEZE TAG!" Shaylin laughed.

The orange-haired boy waited until the ginger finished cackling.

"Yes — it is like freeze tag," he sighed. "If she touches you, your locked-in space at your X, Y, Z axis."

"So wait. Why is Magpie frozen in time then?" Noche said. "Did she touch herse—TAG! I meant tag herself!"

Shaylin giggled.

"Her body enters stasis when she sleeps," he nodded. "She's invincible in this state. We can't harm her. We can't move her."

"She's invincible?" Jack asked.