XIX

No one's Pov

Raymond didn't know what he was looking at as he drove up to the building. Charlotte had sent him the address hours before. He looked at the destroyed building in confusion, Ray parked his car behind Rachel's and got out. He jogged to the open passenger seat, expecting Rachel but only finding a passed-out Henry. Holding a phone. Ray put two fingers on Henry's neck feeling a steady pulse and dialed 911 on the phone Henry was holding.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'm on 7th and Flynn Road. The building looks like it's been blown to pieces and there's an unconscious man in a Black Nissan Altima. He's breathing but it's shallow, I just need the paramedics and possibly the police."

"Okay. What's the man's name?"

"I don't know him. He's just sitting in the passenger seat." Ray explained.

"Sir, what is your name?"

"I have to go. I'm looking for someone, and I need the paramedics. Please." Ray said before hanging up. He put the phone back in Henry's lap and walked to the building's ruins.

Ray's heart rate increased as he looked around the concrete slabs, finding nothing he was starting to get worried about. If she wasn't in the car. Where is she? He stepped over a burnt piece of the brick wall and discovered a charred body, then another. One with a hole in their head the other with their head turned at a weird angle.

The shock hit him faster than he could process his next thought.

It was Rachel, but he could barely recognize her but Ray knew in his heart it was Rachel. He knelt and looked at the burnt body holding his hand over his mouth to stop himself from sobbing.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered to her dead body, turning to look another way, he couldn't look at her anymore. Knowing she had died from trying to face her sister's murderer, it just broke his heart. Seeing her dead and gone, after everything. This is what she gets in the end.

Ray wished it was him. He deserved death more than Rachel, he had more victims than he could count. He has taken more lives just for the sake of making money. Ray punched the ground with his fist, tears burning at the rim of his eyes.

"Dammit. I'm so sorry," he whispered out in grief. Ray didn't think he would lose her so soon, he thought they would have eternity. But now he's alone. He knows Henry will be devastated about the news, after a while he could meet someone new and be with her but Ray had no one else.

To be honest Ray wouldn't want anyone else. Ray and Rachel were forever, they got it in ink. Whether they were together in a sexual aspect or a friendship, they would have always been in each other's life. Now the tattoo on his shoulder is a reminder.

Ray stood up straight and took one last glance at the body before walking back to his car. He hoped Henry would get the proper help, he wanted to leave before the police arrived.

He didn't want to be in that mess. He got in his car and drove away from the ruined building, feeling terrible. His stomach turned as he made his way home, it wasn't right, he didn't feel right.

***

At the hospital

Jonathan waited in the lobby for what seemed like hours, his hands stuffed in the pocket of his jeans. Leaning on the wall glancing at the clock every few minutes.

He was nervous when he got the call a few hours ago. He knew it was bad. Johnathan chewed the inside of his cheek as an officer walked up to him,

"Hi, Mr. Martin, I'm Detective Smith and I have a few questions for you." Jonathan nodded and sat down in the nearest chair, the Detective sitting right next to him.