V

Present Day

Charlotte's POV

I sighed as I entered my apartment, placing my keys on the coffee table. I walked to my room to see the guy I fucked last night still in my bed, I grabbed my gun off the nightstand and pointed it at him.

"Joseph. Get the fuck up!" I yelled. He groaned and slowly sat up,

"Why the fuck are you still here?" I questioned. He rubbed his eyes,

"Maybe get the toy gun out my face and I'll tell you." I glared at him,

"So you think it's fake? How fake will it be when I put a bullet through your brain?" I asked, tilting my head. He smirked and stood up,

"You crazy woman. I'll leave alright," he said as he picked his clothes off the floor and started getting dressed.

"Mmhmm. Don't get too comfortable. I may call you once in a while but don't get it twisted Joseph if you try anything my boyfriend will kill you." he looked at me confused,

"Wait, you have a boyfriend?" He questioned, as he pulled the shirt over his head. I sighed,

"Yep. I do."

"So does he know that you're cheating on him?" he taunted.

"It's complicated," I muttered to myself, he just looked at me with a smug grin.

"Mm alright." He mumbled.

"Now. get out." I said sternly as I followed him out my front door,

"So same time next week?" He asked, stepping out the door. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door in his face,

I locked the door behind him and went back to my room to change my sheets. I'm still sad about the meeting with Henry about 2 months ago, during the weeks I would call him. But I didn't mention the fact that I was sorta cheating on him, I hope Henry doesn't hate me when he finds out. I don't think using sex as a type of antidepressant is a good idea. But it's the only thing I know. Which is sad but I can't do anything about it.

My situation right now really fucking sucks, I want to see Henry but I dont want to be recognized. I'm living about 3 hundred miles from New York City. my new name is Sammy Willaims, I'm a post-college student with a bachelor's degree and working at Walmart. It sounds way more boring than my real life, but I never graduated high school. I did end up getting a GED.

After I put the dirty sheets in the washer I went to my kitchen and made some coffee. I played with the ring that's on my necklace chain, it's the ring he gave me when we were playing husband/wife. I knew it probably had no importance to him but it's the only thing I have from him.

Once my coffee was done brewing I poured it in my mug, added sugar, creamer, and made my way to the balcony. The chair I was sitting on is still damp from the morning air, it's 7:30 in the morning. I spaced off looking down at the bust streets littered with people rushing around on the early Monday morning. I began reflecting on what has happened to me in the past 10 years and how I started. I still have nightmares about that night I ran away, I knew he's been dead for 5 years but his memory still haunts me.

***

10 years ago

I ran out of his room. Completely disgusted with myself. I went back into my room and put my pajamas back on, I went down to the basement to get the stash of money I've been hiding for the past few months. I'm ready to leave this hell hole, for the past 2 years Caleb (my foster father) has been raping me.

And tonight is the night my sister and I are running away, I quickly went back upstairs to the room me and Vanessa shared and grabbed our backpacks. Dumping all of our school stuff on the floor, and began packing clothes. I'm packing underwear, socks, pajamas, and any other clothes necessities. Once I was done I went over to Vanessa's bed and shook her shoulder,

"Nessa. Vannessa- wake up." I muttered. She shook her head and rolled over,

"What do you want Rachel? It's like 3 in the morning," she muttered sleepily.

"Come we have to go. Before he wakes up,'' I whispered. She nodded,

"Where are we going?" she asked as she got out the bed.

"Remember that place you wanted to visit?" I questioned. She nodded,

"Yeah. New York City. What about it?" I smiled.

"That's where we are going." she grinned and put on her shoes.

"Wait- how are we going to get there?" she questioned looking at my face, "No- wait what happened to your face Rachel?" she asked, touching my bruised cheek, I looked at the ground in shame.

"Umm I can't tell you now but we have to go. I already have stuff packed, and I left a note to Jackie and Todd telling them that we're leaving." I explained trying not to cry. I debated on just running away myself but I know I can't leave her in this place.

"Okay- let me get my phone."

"Okay. I'll be downstairs getting the car keys." I muttered. She nodded, I walked downstairs to the living room and grabbed Cables car keys. I put my backpack on and went to the car. I placed my bag in the back seat and went back on the porch, grabbing the gasoline containers and put them in the trunk. Vanessa ran out the front door and got into the passenger seat. It was 1:30 in the morning and we had school tomorrow, but that doesn't matter. I'm leaving and never looking back. I fucking hate this place, I hate Caleb with every ounce of my being.

"V you can go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we are there." I said as I started the car and pulled out the driveway,

"Okay." She whispered.

I knew the drive was going to be really long. It will take 14 hours but I can get there.

It's been a few hours since we left and now Caleb is blowing up my phone. But I'm not answering. I will not be manipulated by him again, I don't deserve that type of testament. That's why I left and she's coming with me.

Then it hit me. I was taking away Vanessa's friends and childhood, I hope she doesn't hate me. She has to know I did this for us.

God, I hope we can survive....I don't know how I'm going to get money. Or a job or a place to live.

"We'll figure it out. Vanessa. I promise."

***

Present Day

I gasped and rose into a sitting position. I shiver at the temperature in the room. It's freezing cold, then I noticed the layer of sweat on my body. And the wet spots on the bed, the memory of the bad dream began fading away. I pushed the covers off my legs and walked to the kitchen.

It's now 10 at night. I took a long nap I didn't plan on but now I'm fully rested. Before I doze off I was looking at the local news from NYC and Tyler has been killing more women that resemble me. I think it's a substitute for me but he thinks I'm still dead. So who is it really about now?

I went to the medicine cabinet that was over the stove and grabbed the bottle of prescription pills. I sat it on the counter and looked at it,

I'm not sure if I want to take it. These are the pain pills that I was given after I left the hospital last year. Ever since the drug overdose, I was addicted to these pills but I stopped taking them a few weeks before I visited Henry. It's been 3 months since I had my last high. I grabbed the bottle and walked to the bathroom, I opened the bottle and dumped the remaining pills in the toilet, not looking when I flushed it.

End of chapter 5....

A/N: Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter! let me know what you think is going to happen next! Sorry if this chapter is kinda bad. I had a little writer's block while writing. That's why it's so short, but I hope yall have a good day/night!

Love ya,

Bri