XXII

Rachel was barely conscious when she realized she had a painful crick in her neck, her cheek pressed on his shoulder bone. She could feel the soreness developing in the side of her face, she winced and began to sit up. She slowly got out of the bed holding her sore neck, walking to the bathroom that was on the other side of his room.

She could tell her leg was starting to get sore, which was irritating. She hated wearing the stupid cast, but she also didn't want to be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. So she was going to live with it.

Rachel pulled down her hurts to pee and was startled when she saw that she wasn't wearing any underwear. Her mind paced, "Did we..." the thought filtered in her mind, she shook her head.

No, they didn't because they were both fully clothed. With that discovery, she was mildly disappointed, and the distracting pain from her leg was starting to piss her off.

Everything at the moment was pissing her off. The shit that happened at the hospital, the shit that happened last night, and the shit that is happening this morning. She just wanted to release the stress that had built up, and take a break from everything.

Rachel finished her business and washed her hands. Then made her way back to his bed, she slipped under the covers back into the warm sheets. She laid next to Ray carefully laying her head on the fluffy pillow, to make sure her neck doesn't strain. Then she dozed off to sleep once again.

"Good morning." She heard Ray as soon as she opened her eyes, she looked at him as he put on his gunmetal watch. Dressed in a black silk button-down shirt with black slacks, with a cleanly shaved face.

"Good morning to you too, sexy," she said with a grin. He grinned back. "Where are you going?" she asked, sitting up watching as he made his way around the room to grab his dress shoes.

"An important meeting with the Demonios. Gotta make sure they pay me back, or their entire operation is mine." He explained half interest as he fixed his hair in the bathroom mirror, she looked at him with her heart aching. He caught her staring when he looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Just... Please come back in one piece," she stated, with worry in her eyes. Ray walked over to her and knelt holding her hand with his,

"I will don't worry. When I get back, we're going out," he said before kissing the back of her hand. She smiled and nodded, Ray stood up and grabbed his gun from the dresser.

"Alright. Don't forget your suppressor," she reminded me. As he made his way out of the room,

"I got it. If shit goes south, you know the code." he reminded her as he walked down the hallway.

"Of course!" she yelled back. Then she heard him leave.

Rachel sighed and laid back in the bed. Then she realized she left her phone in the other room, it didn't matter because she was already dozing off again.

It was a few hours later when she finally awoke, feeling better than the last two times she woke up. The crook in her neck was still present, she scooted off the bed and grabbed the crutches. Making her trek to the room she was temporarily staying in. She sat on the bed and took off her shorts, putting on proper underwear. Then she attempted to put on sweatpants, but she realized it wasn't going to be possible with the bulky bright pink cast. So she opted for some jean shorts that easily went over her cast. Giving Ray a silent 'thank you that they stopped by Walmart before coming back here.

Rachel had nothing to her name, no clothes, no home -she wasn't going back to Zack's house anytime soon- she was essentially starting from ground O.The only thing she has now is her phone, with a new number.