XXIII

The place Ray had in mind was better than she expected.

It was a Botanical Garden that was located in Brooklyn, NY. It was about an hour trip to get there, but it was worth it. She loved the simple style the place had, it was the perfect place to go to for complete silence.

Rachel strolled next to Ray, with the clicking of her crutches in the background. The pair looked at the small river that flowed under the small wooden bridge, the pink blossoms falling from the nearby Cherry Blossom Tree. Covering the small river in a layer of flowers.

"This is beautiful," she whispered in amazement. Not waiting for a reply she stopped on the other side of the bridge and pulled her phone out of her pocket and snapped a picture.

Neither of them said a word as they walked to the future in the garden. Rachel appreciated the silence, she could get a pillow and blanket and sleep here for days, maybe years. But she kept on talking until her arms were exhausted,

"I need a rest," she said as they neared a beautiful stone carved out into a bench decorated with swirls engraved stone. Ray helped her by taking one crutch and leaning her down onto the bench.

"Thank you," she said placing the last church on the ground next to her feet.

"No need to thank me. It's what I'm here for." He said with a grin, she smiled back. He sat down next to her letting out a sigh.

"Thank you for bringing me here." She said as the warm breeze blew past her face. Gazing at the dark green grass watching the hummingbirds bounce from flower to flower.

"I'm glad you like it. When I saw the video tour I knew it would be a great spot to relax. I rented out the place for the next few hours, so no one could disturb us." He whispered as if someone were listening, she leaned closer in his direction.

"Is that supposed to be an innuendo?" She said with a giggle, watching his face mold into horror. She laughed as he shook his head.

"No! It wasn't! I promise. I just didn't want people all in the park bothering us. Plus that'd be super awkward trying to have sex on a park bench." He said with an unimpressed look. Lips formed in a thin line. Rachel just grinned.

"Hmm I don't know... sounds like an invite. This place is super cool here, when I have two working legs I want to come back to do an in-depth tour. So I don't get gassed out halfway through."

"Yeah, I'll make sure to bring you back in a few months." He commented. She looked everywhere but Ray,

"Yeah, that'll be nice."

A brief moment of silence passed between the couple. She could feel Ray's eyes glued on her face. Rachel acted like she didn't notice, then she heard him shuffle around for something before clearing his throat.

"There's something I want you to have." She turned her attention to his hands to see what he was holding, but his hand was in a fist so she couldn't see it.

She shifted her eyes to his, giving him a look of confusion. Then he grabbed her hand and then placed the object in her palm. Then he curled her fingers around the object, keeping her hand in his grasp.

"I know you were pissed I couldn't make it to your birthday last year. I know it's late but I haven't had the right time to give it to you..." he explained as he let go of her hand so she could look at it.

Rachel's eyes widened as she held the small flash drive, she was a little confused.

"I know it looks like nothing, but it's pictures of us and Vanessa from the last 10 years. All the moments captured on video" he was cut off when she pulled Ray into a tight embrace, her arms around his neck.